rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

MS Bike Tour

Started by hell-on-wheel · · Last activity · 2 posts · 648 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
23 April 2004
Last activity
23 April 2004
Original author
hell-on-wheel
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
648
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone else riding in a MS Bike Tour this year?

    This will be my 3rd year doing it. My first year I rode in the one-day,
    40 mile version of it on a cheapish 24" unicycle (I think I had an air
    cushion though). Last year I tried for the whole two-day, 150 mile Tour
    (this time on a 700c) but could only manage 25 miles on the trip back,
    on the second day. When I finished the 75 miles on the first day, there
    were 4 bicyclists still behind me. That felt good. I was able to raise
    over a $1,000, which also felt good.

    This year I'm determined to do the whole 150 miles. I'm training on
    average about 10-12 miles a day right now. By the time of the Tour
    (June 5-6) I hope to be riding 20-25 miles a day. I'd really like to
    get a CF seat frame before then but they're out of stock right now,
    anyone know when they'll be back? Or does anyone besides unicycle.com
    sell them? A rail adapter with one of Bedford's new CF seatposts would
    be nice too, but unicycle.com's cheapest rail adapter is out of stock
    now too.

    For those that don't know, the MS Bike Tour is the main fundraiser of
    the 'National Multiple Sclerosis Society'
    (http://www.nationalmssociety.org).

    If you're interested in sponsoring a unicyclist (me) in support of MS
    research, 'click here' (http://tinyurl.com/2y8jr).

    --
    hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

    On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31995

  2. BigWheelTex did the houston-austin ms150 just last weekend, see thead
    'BigWheelTex does 180 miles in 2 days' (http://tinyurl.com/2kvrl)

    --
    duaner - -

    duaner.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31995

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.