mt biker needs a change

gRim11x

Jul 22, 2003
i have been a mt biker for a long time and i know alot about the mt gear but i would like to get into road bikeing but i dont feal like i know enough about all the differnt companys any ideas on a good entry level would be cool thanks

Originally posted by gRim11x
i have been a mt biker for a long time and i know alot about the mt gear but i would like to get into road bikeing but i dont feal like i know enough about all the differnt companys any ideas on a good entry level would be cool thanks

Originally posted by dsm
gRim11x,

What type of riding do you intend to do? What is is the duration or your rides and how much do you want to spend? Do you have a preference regarding frame material? In addition, how much do you wt. and are you hard on equipment?

Originally posted by gRim11x

supp gRIM, ive been a mtb for a while also and wanted
a change. so when i decided i wanted to ride road i
went with my past experience from mtb, i wasted$$
buying cheap bikes untill i got the xtr bike that made me
happy:) so when i went rd i went dura ace and other
good quality componets, so if you have a high quality
mtb your gonna ( most likely ) want a good rd bike
and also i guess it depends on how serious you wanna
be roading if your still going to mtb majority time you may
not need a expensive bike.

i have about 1500-2000$ inot to hard on my bike i am a big guy about 6'4" 175, i would eventually like to race but i now that takes time thanks for your info

same here - I learned the hard way about buying lesser or used mtb components, ended up replacing just about everything, an expensive way to build up a bike. Don't know what I spent on the mtb, don't really want to know...

When I built up a road bike, I didn't make that mistake twice. Got a nice carbon frameset, and a brand new Campy Chorus group. Ended up spending around $2200, but it's exactly what I wanted, and has not caused me the slightest problem in the last year of riding.

You can always put some slicks on your mtb, and pump up or lock the shock(s). I started back into road riding like that, it actually works pretty good. Until someone loans you a real road bike, and you hit a fast downhill...