Mt. Cootha

Paul J

New Member
Apr 10, 2003
Hi folks,

I want to try Mt. Cootha is Brissy and I just want to know the best route to get there as I've never ridden out that way. I'd be be coming from the East (clayfeild/windsor).

Go up Sam Grif Rd clock-wise. It's up but has a few breaks.
Coming up the Ch10 way is continous up.:eek: and is much better for the down run:p :p
If you wanna avoid the hill up past the Botanic Gardens go Waterworks Rd - Simpson Rd way.:) :p

Do you want the best route or safest route?

Best Route: make your way to city botanic gardens, follow bike path along river to regatta hotel,
follow sylvan road to toowong roundabout and then on sir samual griffith drive. My personal
preference is to ride mt coot-tha anti clockwise; so once past the mt coot-tha botanic gardens go
straight ahead when you get to the fork in the road, at the top of that rise the road veers to the
right and down a small descente, past the freers factory, you'll then come to a T junction (I think
it's simpson's road, i don't pay much attention to road name signs) turn left here and start your
climb to channel 10. Once you get to channel 10 the road along the top undulates until you get to
the look-out/summit restaurant, from here you descende. On the descente you have a choice of two
routes; about 3/4 of the way down there is a narrow road which veers off to the left, if you take
this road you end up back on sir samuel griffith drive just above the freers factory ready to do
another loop. If you choose to go straight down the descente then you'll end up at the fork in the
road above the mt coot-tha botanic gardens.

Safest Route: I don't really know the safest route from clayfield/windsor as there are a number of
ways to get to mt coot-tha from that area. Suggested route might be through
lutwyche/grange/newmarket/ashgrove/bardon.

good luck

glenn "Paul J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to try Mt. Cootha is Brissy and I just want to know the best route to get there as I've
> never ridden out that way. I'd be be coming from the East (clayfeild/windsor).

"Glenn Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do you want the best route or safest route?
>
> Best Route: make your way to city botanic gardens, follow bike path along river to regatta hotel,
> follow sylvan road to toowong roundabout and then
on
> sir samual griffith drive. My personal preference is to ride mt coot-tha anti clockwise; so once
> past the mt coot-tha botanic gardens go straight ahead when you get to the fork in the road, at
> the top of that rise the
road
> veers to the right and down a small descente, past the freers factory, you'll then come to a T
> junction (I think it's simpson's road, i don't pay much attention to road name signs) turn left
> here and start your climb to channel 10. Once you get to channel 10 the road along the top
> undulates until you get to the look-out/summit restaurant, from here you descende.
On
> the descente you have a choice of two routes; about 3/4 of the way down there is a narrow road
> which veers off to the left, if you take this road you end up back on sir samuel griffith drive
> just above the freers factory ready to do another loop. If you choose to go straight down the
> descente then you'll end up at the fork in the road above the mt coot-tha botanic gardens.
>
> Safest Route: I don't really know the safest route from clayfield/windsor
as
> there are a number of ways to get to mt coot-tha from that area. Suggested route might be through
> lutwyche/grange/newmarket/ashgrove/bardon.
>
> good luck
>
> glenn

Of course descente should be descent and descende should be descend