Mt. Cootha

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Paul J, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Paul J

    Paul J New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2003
    Hi folks,

    I want to try Mt. Cootha is Brissy and I just want to know the best route to get there as I've never ridden out that way. I'd be be coming from the East (clayfeild/windsor).

    Tags:

  2. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Go up Sam Grif Rd clock-wise. It's up but has a few breaks.
    Coming up the Ch10 way is continous up.:eek: and is much better for the down run:p :p
    If you wanna avoid the hill up past the Botanic Gardens go Waterworks Rd - Simpson Rd way.:) :p

  3. Glenn Ryan

    Glenn Ryan Guest

    Do you want the best route or safest route?

    Best Route: make your way to city botanic gardens, follow bike path along river to regatta hotel,
    follow sylvan road to toowong roundabout and then on sir samual griffith drive. My personal
    preference is to ride mt coot-tha anti clockwise; so once past the mt coot-tha botanic gardens go
    straight ahead when you get to the fork in the road, at the top of that rise the road veers to the
    right and down a small descente, past the freers factory, you'll then come to a T junction (I think
    it's simpson's road, i don't pay much attention to road name signs) turn left here and start your
    climb to channel 10. Once you get to channel 10 the road along the top undulates until you get to
    the look-out/summit restaurant, from here you descende. On the descente you have a choice of two
    routes; about 3/4 of the way down there is a narrow road which veers off to the left, if you take
    this road you end up back on sir samuel griffith drive just above the freers factory ready to do
    another loop. If you choose to go straight down the descente then you'll end up at the fork in the
    road above the mt coot-tha botanic gardens.

    Safest Route: I don't really know the safest route from clayfield/windsor as there are a number of
    ways to get to mt coot-tha from that area. Suggested route might be through
    lutwyche/grange/newmarket/ashgrove/bardon.

    good luck

    glenn "Paul J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I want to try Mt. Cootha is Brissy and I just want to know the best route to get there as I've
    > never ridden out that way. I'd be be coming from the East (clayfeild/windsor).

  4. Glenn Ryan

    Glenn Ryan Guest

    "Glenn Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do you want the best route or safest route?
    >
    > Best Route: make your way to city botanic gardens, follow bike path along river to regatta hotel,
    > follow sylvan road to toowong roundabout and then
    on
    > sir samual griffith drive. My personal preference is to ride mt coot-tha anti clockwise; so once
    > past the mt coot-tha botanic gardens go straight ahead when you get to the fork in the road, at
    > the top of that rise the
    road
    > veers to the right and down a small descente, past the freers factory, you'll then come to a T
    > junction (I think it's simpson's road, i don't pay much attention to road name signs) turn left
    > here and start your climb to channel 10. Once you get to channel 10 the road along the top
    > undulates until you get to the look-out/summit restaurant, from here you descende.
    On
    > the descente you have a choice of two routes; about 3/4 of the way down there is a narrow road
    > which veers off to the left, if you take this road you end up back on sir samuel griffith drive
    > just above the freers factory ready to do another loop. If you choose to go straight down the
    > descente then you'll end up at the fork in the road above the mt coot-tha botanic gardens.
    >
    > Safest Route: I don't really know the safest route from clayfield/windsor
    as
    > there are a number of ways to get to mt coot-tha from that area. Suggested route might be through
    > lutwyche/grange/newmarket/ashgrove/bardon.
    >
    > good luck
    >
    > glenn

    Of course descente should be descent and descende should be descend