Mt Panorama

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Luther Blissett, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Has anyone ridden a lap or two of Mt Panorama at Bathurst? I managed to get 3/4 of the way around
    when I was working at the races last year, and I was wondering what other people think of it for
    cycle racing.

    Tags:

  2. Luther Blissett <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Has anyone ridden a lap or two of Mt Panorama at Bathurst? I managed to get 3/4 of the way around
    : when I was working at the races last year, and I was wondering what other people think of it for
    : cycle racing.

    Not ridden, only driven as a tourist.

    Tough climb - at least half the circuit is uphill and I wonder whether there would be much of a
    recovery period to make it a satisfying circuit.

    There is currently a blitz by NSW police on racing on public roads as they enforce the
    legislation. It may take a while to sort out and as I understand it there will be no new approvals
    for the time being.

    Cheerz, Lynzz

  3. woodduck

    woodduck Guest

    Ridden it many times and the climb is good. Prefer going in a clock wise direction. Just have to
    watch out for cops as it is easy to break speed limit and hoons (not many during mid week).

  4. [email protected] wrote:

    > Ridden it many times and the climb is good. Prefer going in a clock wise direction. Just have to
    > watch out for cops as it is easy to break speed limit and hoons (not many during mid week).

    I rode it anti-clockwise (same direction as the race cars), at the time there was no traffic as the
    roads had been closed in preparation for the 1000. I got to the top of the mountain, went off the
    course to see someone and rode through a patch of thorns, copping over a dozen punctures. So I never
    got to ride down the hill! :(

  5. Sh

    Sh Guest

    It was rumored a couple of years ago that it was to be used for the Australian round of the Womens
    World Cup, but this never happened. It would have been great.

    news:[email protected]...