Mt Wallace (photo) from GWT 2006

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Bleve, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Tags:

  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    awesome.. but if I were taking photos, I'd get a better angle on the hawt chicks.. :)

  3. alison_b

    alison_b New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2005
    It looks tough!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2004/feb04/geelongtour/stage4/stage4h

    and

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2004/feb04/geelongtour/stage4/stage4i

    the surface of the road doesn't look very helpful either...

    ali

  4. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
  5. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    lama is just a fancy name for [mountain] goat with long neck :p (long neck is for eating facing downhill :p )

  6. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > Bleve Wrote:
    > >
    > > 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

    > awesome.. but if I were taking photos, I'd get a better angle on the
    > hawt chicks.. :)

    I don't publish those ones :)

  7. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > Bleve Wrote:
    > >
    > > 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

    > awesome.. but if I were taking photos, I'd get a better angle on the
    > hawt chicks.. :)

    You want to ride out there one Saturday arvo and we'll measure it up?
    AFAIK it's not in C2M, so you'll get the first record up it, and I'll
    get the 2nd! (for ... not very long! There's some kid on a BMX or a
    giant or some other shitter who'll be quicker than I :) )

  8. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    gplama wrote:

    > oh that is bulls*it.. they are falling OVER UP A HILL!?! Ladies, that
    > is so NOT pro...

    The bulk of the GT field is made up of local riders who are not pros,
    you'll see them out racing B & C grade crits. Just FYI :) For the
    record, the winner of this year's GT ITT (8km, 11:07) was doing around
    43km/h for the 8km. That's a European female professional.

  9. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    arh.. B and C'ers.. fair enough then... (gotta hurt the pride falling sideways!)...

  10. ProfTournesol

    ProfTournesol New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2003
  11. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    PHP:
    PHP:
    no happy faces there:eek:

  12. rickster

    rickster Guest

    four words:

    "hell of the west"

  13. Humbug

    Humbug Guest

    On 23/02/06 at 15:48:34 Bleve somehow managed to type:

    > I don't know who to credit for this photo, one of my riders just sent
    > it to me!
    >
    > Mt Wallace, (in)famous hill around Lara :
    >
    > http://www.aboc.com.au/images/2006_GWT_mt_wallace.jpg
    >
    > 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

    I've ridden up it with loaded panniers and it's possibly steeper than
    it looks. I was standing and working REALLY hard in a 19" gear to get
    up it...

    --
    Humbug
    BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)