Mt Wallace (photo) from GWT 2006

Bleve said:
I don't know who to credit for this photo, one of my riders just sent
it to me!

Mt Wallace, (in)famous hill around Lara :

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/2006_GWT_mt_wallace.jpg

1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.
It looks tough!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2004/feb04/geelongtour/stage4/stage4h

and

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2004/feb04/geelongtour/stage4/stage4i

the surface of the road doesn't look very helpful either...

ali

gplama said:
oh that is bulls*it.. they are falling OVER UP A HILL!?! Ladies, that is so NOT pro...

lama is just a fancy name for [mountain] goat with long neck :p (long neck is for eating facing downhill :p )

gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

> awesome.. but if I were taking photos, I'd get a better angle on the
> hawt chicks.. :)

I don't publish those ones :)

gplama wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> >
> > 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

> awesome.. but if I were taking photos, I'd get a better angle on the
> hawt chicks.. :)

You want to ride out there one Saturday arvo and we'll measure it up?
AFAIK it's not in C2M, so you'll get the first record up it, and I'll
get the 2nd! (for ... not very long! There's some kid on a BMX or a
giant or some other shitter who'll be quicker than I :) )

gplama wrote:

> oh that is bulls*it.. they are falling OVER UP A HILL!?! Ladies, that
> is so NOT pro...

The bulk of the GT field is made up of local riders who are not pros,
you'll see them out racing B & C grade crits. Just FYI :) For the
record, the winner of this year's GT ITT (8km, 11:07) was doing around
43km/h for the 8km. That's a European female professional.

Bleve said:
The bulk of the GT field is made up of local riders who are not pros,
you'll see them out racing B & C grade crits. Just FYI :) For the
record, the winner of this year's GT ITT (8km, 11:07) was doing around
43km/h for the 8km. That's a European female professional.

arh.. B and C'ers.. fair enough then... (gotta hurt the pride falling sideways!)...

On 23/02/06 at 15:48:34 Bleve somehow managed to type:

> I don't know who to credit for this photo, one of my riders just sent
> it to me!
>
> Mt Wallace, (in)famous hill around Lara :
>
> http://www.aboc.com.au/images/2006_GWT_mt_wallace.jpg
>
> 1km, I don't know the gradient, but by the looks of it, non-trivial.

I've ridden up it with loaded panniers and it's possibly steeper than
it looks. I was standing and working REALLY hard in a 19" gear to get
up it...

--
Humbug
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)