Mt. Washington race underway NOW!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by steveyo, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    Hi all -

    Right now, as of 7:55AM, three of our forum brethren are cranking their
    way to the top of Mt. Washington. Aspenmike from Aspen, CO, Ben
    Plotkin-Swing from Boston, and Joe Merrill from NYC are all humping
    their way up 7.6 miles, and climbing over 4700 vertical feet.

    Having done some smaller mtn climbs, I can tell you, the effort they're
    expending is HUGE.

    I can't wait to see how they do.

    Sending positive energy...go guys!

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

  2. halffiend

    halffiend Guest

  3. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    halffiend wrote:
    > *i did that once *

    On a unicycle or a bike?

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

  4. bugman

    bugman Guest

  5. steveyo

    steveyo Guest

    bugman wrote:
    > *Any updates? Do you have Cellphone contact with them? Looking
    > forward to some after action reports. *

    I don't have contact w/any of the racers.

    Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.

    Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
    record.

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

  6. bugman

    bugman Guest

    steveyo wrote:
    > *I don't have contact w/any of the racers.
    >
    > Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.
    >
    > Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
    > record. *

    I thought that Tyler showing was a joke, rumor at the least. Isn't he
    banned from racing? Or is that only proffesional competition.

    --
    bugman - Proud member of the UALW

  7. bugman

    bugman Guest

    steveyo wrote:
    > *I don't have contact w/any of the racers.
    >
    > Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.
    >
    > Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
    > record. *

    Looks like Tyler Hamilton did make it. Glad to see he is riding. I
    hope he can vindicate himself in September.

    --
    bugman - Proud member of the UALW

  8. Yup, Tyler Hamilton was there:

    | Attachment filename: img_3154.jpg.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/350550|

    Ben Plotkin-Swing - MUni rider

    www.benps.com

    "Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
    cookie.
    Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378