Mt. Washington race underway NOW!

steveyo

Guest
Hi all -

Right now, as of 7:55AM, three of our forum brethren are cranking their
way to the top of Mt. Washington. Aspenmike from Aspen, CO, Ben
Plotkin-Swing from Boston, and Joe Merrill from NYC are all humping
their way up 7.6 miles, and climbing over 4700 vertical feet.

Having done some smaller mtn climbs, I can tell you, the effort they're
expending is HUGE.

I can't wait to see how they do.

Sending positive energy...go guys!

--
steveyo - Last will be first

steveyo

"I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
unknown

"Do whatever steps you want if
you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

halffiend wrote:
> *i did that once *

On a unicycle or a bike?

--

bugman wrote:
> *Any updates? Do you have Cellphone contact with them? Looking
> forward to some after action reports. *

I don't have contact w/any of the racers.

Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.

Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
record.

--

steveyo wrote:
> *I don't have contact w/any of the racers.
>
> Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.
>
> Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
> record. *

I thought that Tyler showing was a joke, rumor at the least. Isn't he
banned from racing? Or is that only proffesional competition.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

steveyo wrote:
> *I don't have contact w/any of the racers.
>
> Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.
>
> Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
> record. *

Looks like Tyler Hamilton did make it. Glad to see he is riding. I
hope he can vindicate himself in September.

--
bugman - Proud member of the UALW

Yup, Tyler Hamilton was there:

| Attachment filename: img_3154.jpg.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/350550|

Ben Plotkin-Swing - MUni rider

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378