Mt Washington

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob, Mar 6, 2003.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I'm signed up to do the Mount Washington Bicycle hill climb in New Hampshire this August 16th. I
    live in southern NH and I'm looking for someone to train with and ride the climb with. All my
    freinds say I'm crazy and they refuse to do it.

    Bob

    Tags:

  2. Jobst Brandt

    Jobst Brandt Guest

    Bob Finkelsen writes:

    > I'm signed up to do the Mount Washington Bicycle hill climb in New Hampshire this August 16th. I
    > live in southern NH and I'm looking for someone to train with and ride the climb with. All my
    > freinds say I'm crazy and they refuse to do it.

    Oh pshaw! You're so manly and tough, it just scares the competition away. Telling us about your
    prowess can only be appreciated by Walter Mitty types, since we don't know you or your peers. The
    ego does strange things for people.

    http://www.storybites.com/thurbermitty.htm

  3. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Oh pshaw! You're so manly and tough, it just scares the competition away. Telling us about your
    > prowess can only be appreciated by Walter Mitty types, since we don't know you or your peers. The
    > ego does strange things for people.

    The point of Mitty was that his wife had not dominated him and had no idea of it. He wasn't trying
    to impress anybody, least of all his wife.

    Thurber liked his difficult bitchy women, probably making him a true

    --
    Ron Hardin [email protected]