MTB and Technology Needs YOU!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Colin'S Online, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm currently studying for a University Degree in I.T. and am developing an "Expert System (ES).
    An ES is basically a piece of software that acts like an Expert. That's where you fine folks come in
    - Your MTB Experts AND You use Technology.

I have created a very short, simple, on-line study - taking part only takes about 1-2 minutes, its
    as quick as posting to this news-group.

All you have to do is click on the link below, read the instructions in the First/Earliest
    Message Posts, and Post your TWO PART response to the scenario, there's an Example Answer to
    help. Simple. :)

Click or Paste to take part... http://pub49.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=4201956446

Although I can't pay you for helping with this, your help is very much appreciated.

Anyone posting will get a mention in the final documentation. Also, the Expert System won't be a
    commercial product, but if anyone wants to put it on their MTB website I'll give them it for free
    when its complete.

Cheers

Colin McQ.

Tags:

2. Jd

Jd Guest

"Colin's Online MTB Study." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... <snip work>
    > Anyone posting will get a mention in the final documentation.

Just shut the hell up and ride.

JD

3. "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Just shut the hell up and ride.
    >
    > JD

I think I should explain the rationale behind the project: - All I want is to use the time when I'm
    *not* riding to help the riding community. The Expert System will be used to help and guide
    *Newbies* in selecting the safest and most apropriate ride locations.

It might even reduce the time you guys spend on-line answering dumb newbie questions...

So JD, please, pretty please, support your sport! :)

Colin.

4. Dave

Dave Guest

news:<[email protected]>...
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Just shut the hell up and ride.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > I think I should explain the rationale behind the project: - All I want is to use the time when
    > I'm *not* riding to help the riding community. The Expert System will be used to help and guide
    > *Newbies* in selecting the safest and most apropriate ride locations.
    >
    > It might even reduce the time you guys spend on-line answering dumb newbie questions...
    >
    > So JD, please, pretty please, support your sport! :)
    >
    > Colin.

Just so long as it suits him, he will.

5. Mattb

Mattb Guest

news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > That's where you fine folks come in - Your MTB Experts AND You use Technology.
    <snip>

That should be you're, the contraction for you are. Not your, the possesive. I'll have a look at it
    when I have a chance tonight.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.