MTB and Technology Needs YOU!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Colin'S Online, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Hi, I'm currently studying for a University Degree in I.T. and am developing an "Expert System (ES).
    An ES is basically a piece of software that acts like an Expert. That's where you fine folks come in
    - Your MTB Experts AND You use Technology.

    I have created a very short, simple, on-line study - taking part only takes about 1-2 minutes, its
    as quick as posting to this news-group.

    All you have to do is click on the link below, read the instructions in the First/Earliest
    Message Posts, and Post your TWO PART response to the scenario, there's an Example Answer to
    help. Simple. :)

    Click or Paste to take part... http://pub49.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=4201956446

    Although I can't pay you for helping with this, your help is very much appreciated.

    Anyone posting will get a mention in the final documentation. Also, the Expert System won't be a
    commercial product, but if anyone wants to put it on their MTB website I'll give them it for free
    when its complete.

    Cheers

    Colin McQ.

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Colin's Online MTB Study." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... <snip work>
    > Anyone posting will get a mention in the final documentation.

    Just shut the hell up and ride.

    JD

  3. "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Just shut the hell up and ride.
    >
    > JD

    I think I should explain the rationale behind the project: - All I want is to use the time when I'm
    *not* riding to help the riding community. The Expert System will be used to help and guide
    *Newbies* in selecting the safest and most apropriate ride locations.

    It might even reduce the time you guys spend on-line answering dumb newbie questions...

    So JD, please, pretty please, support your sport! :)

    Colin.

  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Colin's Online MTB Study." <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Just shut the hell up and ride.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > I think I should explain the rationale behind the project: - All I want is to use the time when
    > I'm *not* riding to help the riding community. The Expert System will be used to help and guide
    > *Newbies* in selecting the safest and most apropriate ride locations.
    >
    > It might even reduce the time you guys spend on-line answering dumb newbie questions...
    >
    > So JD, please, pretty please, support your sport! :)
    >
    > Colin.

    Just so long as it suits him, he will.

  5. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Colin's Online MTB Study." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... <snip>
    > That's where you fine folks come in - Your MTB Experts AND You use Technology.
    <snip>

    That should be you're, the contraction for you are. Not your, the possesive. I'll have a look at it
    when I have a chance tonight.

    Matt