MTB Cultural Icon Status

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Angry Man has made the leap, quite literally. His image from photo taken in 1999 of him on the
    annual pre-festival Epic Ride dropping a ledge that everyone (except one other) walked, has been
    emblazoned onto a tshirt. There are other ways to become what one may see as a cultural icon, but
    being immortalized onto a tshirt is always a solid one.

    JD

    Tags:

  2. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On 18 Apr 2003 15:50:03 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Angry Man has made the leap, quite literally. His image from photo taken in 1999 of him on the
    >annual pre-festival Epic Ride dropping a ledge that everyone (except one other) walked, has been
    >emblazoned onto a tshirt. There are other ways to become what one may see as a cultural icon, but
    >being immortalized onto a tshirt is always a solid one.
    >
    >JD

    So do you pic of this tshirt so we mere mortals will know Angry Man's ticket into icon status when
    we see it?

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Angry Man has made the leap, quite literally. His image from photo taken in 1999 of him on the
    > annual pre-festival Epic Ride dropping a ledge that everyone (except one other) walked, has been
    > emblazoned onto a tshirt. There are other ways to become what one may see as a cultural icon, but
    > being immortalized onto a tshirt is always a solid one.
    >
    > JD

    Unless you're this guy ;^)

    http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected][email protected] a4ce0

    Congrats to Angry Man

    Mike

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 18 Apr 2003 15:50:03 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Angry Man has made the leap, quite literally. His image from photo taken in 1999 of him on the
    >annual pre-festival Epic Ride dropping a ledge that everyone (except one other) walked, has been
    >emblazoned onto a tshirt. There are other ways to become what one may see as a cultural icon, but
    >being immortalized onto a tshirt is always a solid one.
    >
    >JD

    Well, lets see then.

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Bill Porter) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 18 Apr 2003 15:50:03 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >Angry Man has made the leap, quite literally. His image from photo taken in 1999 of him on the
    > >annual pre-festival Epic Ride dropping a ledge that everyone (except one other) walked, has been
    > >emblazoned onto a tshirt. There are other ways to become what one may see as a cultural icon, but
    > >being immortalized onto a tshirt is always a solid one.
    > >
    > >JD
    >
    > So do you pic of this tshirt so we mere mortals will know Angry Man's ticket into icon status when
    > we see it?

    It just hit OTE last week. I tried to dig the pic up on their website, but it seems to have
    disappeared. Within a week, it will be plastered all over FFTF attendees, but not as the official
    FFTF shirt this year. The FFTF shirt has some chick caricature on it. Both wil be seen on the 'net
    soon enough, as well as pics of the Barleywine Festival in Kevin's front yard.

    JD gearing up for FFTF

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Bill Porter) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 18 Apr 2003 15:50:03 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >Angry Man has made the leap, quite literally. His image from photo taken in 1999 of him on the
    > >annual pre-festival Epic Ride dropping a ledge that everyone (except one other) walked, has been
    > >emblazoned onto a tshirt. There are other ways to become what one may see as a cultural icon, but
    > >being immortalized onto a tshirt is always a solid one.
    > >
    > >JD
    >
    > So do you pic of this tshirt so we mere mortals will know Angry Man's ticket into icon status when
    > we see it?

    Here's the pic it was taken from: http://www.edgecycles.com/images/epicjon1b%20copy.jpg

    The image on the tshirt is an abstract of just Angry and the bike.

    JD