Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

MTB Derailleur With 105STI

Started by busterb · · Last activity · 4 posts · 265 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 May 2004
Last activity
26 May 2004
Original author
busterb
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
265
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Will a mtb derailleur work with sti shifters? I have a Cdale cross
    bike and may want to run a lower granny. What mtb group is comparable
    to 105

  2. busterb said:

    Will a mtb derailleur work with sti shifters? I have a Cdale cross
    bike and may want to run a lower granny. What mtb group is comparable
    to 105

    Yes. I installed a Shimano Deore LX rear der on my wife's bike and used
    it with 105 STI shifters. Works fine with an 11-32 9-sp cassette.

    Art Harris

  3. Harris said:
    busterb said:

    Will a mtb derailleur work with sti shifters? I have a Cdale cross
    bike and may want to run a lower granny. What mtb group is comparable
    to 105

    Yes. I installed a Shimano Deore LX rear der on my wife's bike and used
    it with 105 STI shifters. Works fine with an 11-32 9-sp cassette.

    You are correct about rear, but I believe that the cable pull is
    different for front.
    --
    Rick Onanian

  4. jabario-<< Will a mtb derailleur work with sti shifters? >><BR><BR>

    Si...

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.