MTB frames in size XXL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

x

99.9% probablity this is wistful thinking, but does anybody know of such a thing available
off-the-shelf? ...or even as a botique item that's been built and sold enough times to
be prove...

I've looked at a few makers' measurements and, extrapolating from "XL" it seems like "XXL"
might nail it.

The only "religious issue" is 2" more seatpost setback (2.5 preferred - to give a little room for
adjustment) than I have on my FS. (which is dialed in by virtue of a 2" setback seatpost and having
the saddle all the way back. The reason I don't just get an "XL" frame off-the-shelf is that I don't
want to use a setback post - I'm addicted to the ThudBuster....

Oh, and a sigle-speed config with eccentric BB/Vertical dropouts or Rohloff dropouts...and S&S
couplings...

Intended use is for something I can store in the trunk or rooftop box of my vehicle and forget about
until a riding opportunity unexpectedly arises.

-----------------------
PeteCresswell

"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> 99.9% probablity this is wistful thinking, but does anybody know of such a
thing
> available off-the-shelf? ...or even as a botique item that's been built
and
> sold enough times to be prove...
>
> I've looked at a few makers' measurements and, extrapolating from "XL" it
seems
> like "XXL" might nail it.

Me too, loved to see somebody do a single pivot frame too for 29" wheels 25" tt min. Could be an
aftermarket rear triangle for XL bullits/ jokers? When your over 6'4, bike need to get bigger, that
means wheels too, at the cost of wheel base. Zok makes a 29 front fork, love to see it as a z-1
though. Rock gardens would just disappear under those wheels.

Tauras http://www.kcbx.net/~tsulaiti/surfreport/

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Status
Not open for further replies.