MTB frames in size XXL?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by x, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. x

    x Guest

    99.9% probablity this is wistful thinking, but does anybody know of such a thing available
    off-the-shelf? ...or even as a botique item that's been built and sold enough times to
    be prove...

    I've looked at a few makers' measurements and, extrapolating from "XL" it seems like "XXL"
    might nail it.

    The only "religious issue" is 2" more seatpost setback (2.5 preferred - to give a little room for
    adjustment) than I have on my FS. (which is dialed in by virtue of a 2" setback seatpost and having
    the saddle all the way back. The reason I don't just get an "XL" frame off-the-shelf is that I don't
    want to use a setback post - I'm addicted to the ThudBuster....

    Oh, and a sigle-speed config with eccentric BB/Vertical dropouts or Rohloff dropouts...and S&S
    couplings...

    Intended use is for something I can store in the trunk or rooftop box of my vehicle and forget about
    until a riding opportunity unexpectedly arises.

    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

    Tags:

  2. Tauras

    Tauras Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 99.9% probablity this is wistful thinking, but does anybody know of such a
    thing
    > available off-the-shelf? ...or even as a botique item that's been built
    and
    > sold enough times to be prove...
    >
    > I've looked at a few makers' measurements and, extrapolating from "XL" it
    seems
    > like "XXL" might nail it.

    Me too, loved to see somebody do a single pivot frame too for 29" wheels 25" tt min. Could be an
    aftermarket rear triangle for XL bullits/ jokers? When your over 6'4, bike need to get bigger, that
    means wheels too, at the cost of wheel base. Zok makes a 29 front fork, love to see it as a z-1
    though. Rock gardens would just disappear under those wheels.

    Tauras http://www.kcbx.net/~tsulaiti/surfreport/