MTB full suspension ~1000 bucks?

JonWebah

Apr 19, 2004
Hey everyone --

thinking about getting a full suspension MTB on a budget of about $1000.

It will mostly be used for XC but definitely bouts of downhill as well. Pretty sure I need the full suspension mainly because the trails i'm riding on are very rocky and rooty.

Any suggestions/reccomendations?

You might be able to pickup a Giant NRS2 for around a thousand at Performance if they're still on sale.

here in OZ (dunno wat nationality you are) we have a sweet mtb and road brand namely 'Raceline' there do a sweet xc dual suspension called the extreme expert it sells for au$2300 which works out at a bit more than a grand US ut it comes with deore/new XT groupset, firex crancks hayes hydros rockshox shoch and scareb forks, i own there top end 03' hardtail ( the 3rd i have owned) and my old man (dad) just got this dually and i have ridden it 3 or 4 times now and have to say when set up right its the sweetest ride i have ridden better than a mates nrs giant and 15 times the bike the fsr enduro pro i had 18 mounths ago was dunno if u wanna bother looking at the website www.racelinebikes.com just thought if u knew sum1 in oz that could get u one and send it were eva it would be worth concidering