MTB in Athens ?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mpd Blue, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    It looks like I may be going to Greece for the a few weeks surrounding the Olympics..... Is it worth
    the hassle of trying ot get my SingleSpeed on the Transport over?

    --
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

    Tags:

  2. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    MPD Blue wrote:
    > It looks like I may be going to Greece for the a few weeks surrounding the Olympics..... Is it
    > worth the hassle of trying ot get my SingleSpeed on the Transport over?

    Unless you plan on riding a lot I wouldn't. Find a lbs and hire one.

    I'm going to England in March and decided I just didn't want to hassle with my bike everyday so I
    have located several lbs in the areas I'm going to be in.

    Gary

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:21:42 -0600, MPD Blue <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >It looks like I may be going to Greece for the a few weeks surrounding the Olympics..... Is it
    >worth the hassle of trying ot get my SingleSpeed on the Transport over?

    You should be slapped for even asking such a fool hardy question.

    Have fun, Bill

    ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the trails
    pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:21:42 -0600, MPD Blue <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> It looks like I may be going to Greece for the a few weeks surrounding the Olympics..... Is it
    >> worth the hassle of trying ot get my SingleSpeed on the Transport over?
    >
    > You should be slapped for even asking such a fool hardy question.
    >
    > Have fun, Bill

    Yeah, forget the SS just bring extra bars of soap with you (in the shower), just in case
    you drop one.

    --
    Slacker

  5. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:

    > You should be slapped for even asking such a fool hardy question.

    Well, I either bring the SS or the SCUBA gear(less my tanks, of course) over and rent the other. (If
    I get enough R&R)

    --
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

  6. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    MPD Blue retorted :
    > Bill Wheeler wrote:
    >
    >> You should be slapped for even asking such a fool hardy question.
    >
    > Well, I either bring the SS or the SCUBA gear(less my tanks, of course) over and rent the other.
    > (If I get enough R&R)

    Dunno, John, my gal friend who doe LE for the feds has done Atlanta and SLC and unless you add in
    vacations days, there's not a lot of time to play tourist.

    Penny S

  7. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Penny S wrote:

    > Dunno, John, my gal friend who doe LE for the feds has done Atlanta and SLC and unless you add in
    > vacations days, there's not a lot of time to play tourist.

    Ahh see... though I'm going to be attached to a Navy Reserve Law Enforcement Unit... I'm _not_ an
    MA, I'm an IT. Therefore, I just un-crate and set up the Comm before, and tear it down and crate it
    up after...... I don't have to stand watch ;-)

    You ever seen the movie "Black Hawk Down"? I'm kinda like that guy in the back office who makes
    coffee and works the computers: "They discovered I have this amazing ability... I can type."