MTB near Edinburgh Scotland

Flying_tuur

Guest
Looking for some routes near Edinburgh. We gather always at the crossing of the Water of Leith and
the Union Canal, then southwards towards Balerno for some miles in the Pentlands, to come back the
same route to Edinburgh centre.. Almost every mile we ride is free of motorized traffic, which is
just great...

Someone has other nice routes to start around Edinburgh citycenter?? Preferable traffic free of
course, since these Scottish people are like allergic to bikes when driving their cars..

Regards,

FT

"Flying_Tuur" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking for some routes near Edinburgh. We gather always at the crossing of the Water of Leith and
> the Union
Canal,
> then southwards towards Balerno for some miles in the Pentlands, to come back the same route to
> Edinburgh centre.. Almost every mile we ride is
free
> of motorized traffic, which is just great...
>
> Someone has other nice routes to start around Edinburgh citycenter?? Preferable traffic free of
> course, since these Scottish people are like allergic to bikes when driving their cars..
>
> Regards,
>
> FT

I like to go out from Duddingston to Pencaitland or round the Esk at Musselburgh if I just need an
hour's run. The east is much quieter than teh west.