MTB near Edinburgh Scotland

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flying_tuur, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Flying_tuur

    Flying_tuur Guest

    Looking for some routes near Edinburgh. We gather always at the crossing of the Water of Leith and
    the Union Canal, then southwards towards Balerno for some miles in the Pentlands, to come back the
    same route to Edinburgh centre.. Almost every mile we ride is free of motorized traffic, which is
    just great...

    Someone has other nice routes to start around Edinburgh citycenter?? Preferable traffic free of
    course, since these Scottish people are like allergic to bikes when driving their cars..

    Regards,

    FT

    Tags:

  2. "Flying_Tuur" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking for some routes near Edinburgh. We gather always at the crossing of the Water of Leith and
    > the Union
    Canal,
    > then southwards towards Balerno for some miles in the Pentlands, to come back the same route to
    > Edinburgh centre.. Almost every mile we ride is
    free
    > of motorized traffic, which is just great...
    >
    > Someone has other nice routes to start around Edinburgh citycenter?? Preferable traffic free of
    > course, since these Scottish people are like allergic to bikes when driving their cars..
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > FT

    I like to go out from Duddingston to Pencaitland or round the Esk at Musselburgh if I just need an
    hour's run. The east is much quieter than teh west.