MTB Rent & Ride along Interstate Highway 80? California to Ohio

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by D T W .../\\..., Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Leaving San Francisco on April 15th.
    Without straying too far (@ 30 minutes) from the highway, where could I rent
    a mountain
    bike and get in a ride?
    --
    This is a list of some, not all, of the States, cities and towns that I will
    be passing near:

    Nevada, Reno, Lovelock, Winnemucca, Elko, West Wendover
    Utah, Salt Lake City
    Wyoming, Evanston, Green River, Rawlins, Laramie, Cheyenne,
    Nebraska, Kimball, Ogallala, N. Platte, Lexington,
    Kearney, York, Lincoln, Omaha
    Iowa, Atlantic, Des Moines, Iowa City
    Indiana, Davenport, Mendota, Joliet, Gary, S. Bend,
    Ohio, Toledo, Elyria,

    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    there's some good riding not too far from Elko. If your route takes you
    through Wells, (I'm too lazy to check a map, sorry) a couple can't
    miss spots are Angel Lake, see link ----->

    http://www.elkorose.com/angel_lake.html

    And the Bordertown Challenge xc race course at the Pequop Ranch. More
    info on Wildrockies.com

    Angel Lake is totally out of place in the desert. A mind blower to
    quickly go from barren, jackrabbits and sage brush to alpine glaciers
    and waterfalls...

    CDB
    Oh, and there might be some riding in Utah, too.....;D

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Leaving San Francisco on April 15th.
    > Without straying too far (@ 30 minutes) from the highway, where could I

    rent
    > a mountain
    > bike and get in a ride?
    > --
    > This is a list of some, not all, of the States, cities and towns that I

    will
    > be passing near:
    >
    > Nevada, Reno,

    Take Hwy 50 across Nevada and then hit the 70. Not only will you get to say
    you drove the loneliest highway in the country but you can stop in Austin,
    NV and hopefully rent a bike at Tyrannosaurus Rix. And you can hit the Shoe
    Tree:

    http://www.sisterbetty.org/roadtrip2004/roadtripday1.htm

    Greg

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    there's some good riding not too far from Elko. If your route takes you
    through Wells, (I'm too lazy to check a map, sorry) a couple can't
    miss spots are Angel Lake, see link ----->

    http://www.elkorose.com/angel_lake.html

    And the Bordertown Challenge xc race course at the Pequop Ranch. More
    info on Wildrockies.com

    Angel Lake is totally out of place in the desert. A mind blower to
    quickly go from barren, jackrabbits and sage brush to alpine glaciers
    and waterfalls...

    CDB
    Oh, and there might be some riding in Utah, too.....;D

  5. Slack™

    Slack™ Guest

    > http://www.sisterbetty.org/roadtrip2004/roadtripday1.htm
    >
    > Greg

    Too funny... this reminded so much of something I saw the other day at work.

    "Unless you are a big homo like me, glancing about or talking in the
    men's room is taboo. Really, there are only two activities available
    when holding your penis in one hand, so most men stare straight ahead at
    the blank wall while trying not to splatter on their shoes."

    _____
    Slack - quit using urinals decades ago, unless it's an extreme
    emergency... But then I'd just use the chick's bathroom ;-P

  6. crazy

    crazy Guest

    If your a sea level dude take the low road.