MTB results?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Andrew Albright, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. I've been away from the sport for a while, and am just now returning.

    My question is, is there still any MTB racing? or is the sport completely dead? I googled through
    several months of stuff, and I'll be darned if I can't find any talking about MTBing results.

    Thanks
    ---

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Andrew Albright) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've been away from the sport for a while, and am just now returning.

    Prison or detox?

    Zub

  3. Joe Yannie

    Joe Yannie Guest

  4. [email protected] (Andrew Albright) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've been away from the sport for a while, and am just now returning.
    >
    > My question is, is there still any MTB racing? or is the sport completely dead? I googled through
    > several months of stuff, and I'll be darned if I can't find any talking about MTBing results.
    >
    > Thanks
    > ---

    HOW MUCH SENSE WOULD IT MAKE TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN SEPTEMBER?

    "I've been away from the sport for a while, and am just now returning.

    My question is, is there still any CX racing? or is the sport completely dead? I googled through
    several months of stuff, and I'll be darned if I can't find any talking about CX results.

    Thanks

  5. John Lee

    John Lee Guest

    yeah we have the new zealand nationals this weekend, its the end of our domestic season now, guess
    yours will be just starting john

  6. "john lee" <> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >that>
    > On 31 Mar 2003 19:14:26 -0800, [email protected] (Andrew Albright) wrote:
    >
    > >My question is, is there still any MTB racing? > >---

    Sure, as long as God makes bongs and we save the bales while nuking the whales, and as long as
    masters are fat, or phat.

    -Chris Mitchell -Dazed, but not confused

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    [email protected] (Andrew Albright) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've been away from the sport for a while, and am just now returning.
    >
    > My question is, is there still any MTB racing? or is the sport completely dead? I googled through
    > several months of stuff, and I'll be darned if I can't find any talking about MTBing results.

    As long as there are public lands to muddy up, body parts to pierce and Hey, Dude's to say, there'll
    always be MTB racing.

    All you need to get involved is a set of baggy shorts, an old teeshirt and some Nike's and a
    stainless steel bone through your nose. If the shorts are baggy enough they'd make the legs of
    Nelson Vails look like sticks coming out of a windtunnel.

    Then pay $20,000 for the latest go-fast full suspension frame, ultra-light carbon everything
    suspension fork, trick wheels and inferior but expensive and great looking third party components
    and you're all set.

    Be sure to put a set of those tires that are ultr-light knobbies achieved by blowing air through the
    rubber so that they weigh nothing and wear out in 20 minutes of real riding.

    MTB racing is great if you can avoid the crashing.