MTB season must be here!

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Gave my pedals their first semi-service today - loosened the bearings right up, poked some of the
crud out, put some more grease in, re-set the bearing pre-load, put 'em back on the cranks - 20
minutes tops, including coffee break (hard work, see?) taking my time.

Oh, adjusted up the headset yesterday afternoon too, for the hell of it.

Gave my 02 MXR Bombers their first 'full service' since I 'ran them in' a year ago - wiped the
sliders down with a bit of lube, heheheheh..... ',;~}~

Should prolly kick the tyres too now.............

So, must be MTB 'season' eh?

Shaun aRe - Happy Easter - Have a good long w/e folks!

> Gave my pedals their first semi-service today - loosened the bearings
right
> up, poked some of the crud out, put some more grease in, re-set the
bearing
> pre-load, put 'em back on the cranks - 20 minutes tops, including coffee break (hard work, see?)
> taking my time.
>
> Oh, adjusted up the headset yesterday afternoon too, for the hell of it.
>
> Gave my 02 MXR Bombers their first 'full service' since I 'ran them in' a year ago - wiped the
> sliders down with a bit of lube, heheheheh.....
',;~}~

> Should prolly kick the tyres too now.............
>
> So, must be MTB 'season' eh?
>

> Shaun aRe - Happy Easter - Have a good long w/e folks!

Cheers Shaun! You too!

Mike

Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Gave my pedals their first semi-service today - loosened the bearings
> right
> > up, poked some of the crud out, put some more grease in, re-set the
> bearing
> > pre-load, put 'em back on the cranks - 20 minutes tops, including coffee break (hard work, see?)
> > taking my time.
> >
> > Oh, adjusted up the headset yesterday afternoon too, for the hell of it.
> >
> > Gave my 02 MXR Bombers their first 'full service' since I 'ran them in'
> > year ago - wiped the sliders down with a bit of lube, heheheheh.....
> ',;~}~
> >
> > Should prolly kick the tyres too now.............
> >
> > So, must be MTB 'season' eh?
> >

> > Shaun aRe - Happy Easter - Have a good long w/e folks!
> >

> Cheers Shaun! You too!
>
> Mike

that's it.

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

> Gave my pedals their first semi-service today - loosened the bearings
right
> up, poked some of the crud out, put some more grease in, re-set the
bearing
> pre-load, put 'em back on the cranks - 20 minutes tops, including coffee break (hard work, see?)
> taking my time.
>
> Oh, adjusted up the headset yesterday afternoon too, for the hell of it.
>
> Gave my 02 MXR Bombers their first 'full service' since I 'ran them in' a year ago - wiped the
> sliders down with a bit of lube, heheheheh.....
',;~}~

> Should prolly kick the tyres too now.............
>
> So, must be MTB 'season' eh?

i'm itching to jump on the bike again, we had temps of 20-27 C last week, but once again its -5C,
and we got dumped with snow, AGAIN this morning! the trails may be dry by august at this rate.

Dave

> Shaun aRe - Happy Easter - Have a good long w/e folks!

> Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Gave my pedals their first semi-service today - loosened the bearings
> > right
> > > up, poked some of the crud out, put some more grease in, re-set the
> > bearing
> > > pre-load, put 'em back on the cranks - 20 minutes tops, including
coffee
> > > break (hard work, see?) taking my time.
> > >
> > > Oh, adjusted up the headset yesterday afternoon too, for the hell of
it.

> > > Gave my 02 MXR Bombers their first 'full service' since I 'ran them
in'
> > > year ago - wiped the sliders down with a bit of lube, heheheheh.....
> > ',;~}~
> > >
> > > Should prolly kick the tyres too now.............
> > >
> > > So, must be MTB 'season' eh?
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe - Happy Easter - Have a good long w/e folks!
> > >

> > Cheers Shaun! You too!
> >
> > Mike
>

> that's it.

Well just don't forget to follow your own advice: "{lube} the bearings right up, poke some of
the crud out, put some more grease in, put 'em back on the crank - 20 minutes tops, including
coffee break..."

Bill "sounds like a fun weekend, ya freakin' ******" S.

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:46:56 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

It has been written that MTB season goes from 4/15 to 1/1.

See Commander about that. I'd trust him with your bike. ;-)

:-]

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > right
> > > bearing
> coffee

> it.

> in'
> > > ',;~}~

> > > Cheers Shaun! You too!
> > >
> > > Mike
> >

> > that's it.
>
> Well just don't forget to follow your own advice: "{lube} the bearings right up, poke some of the
> crud out, put some more grease in, put 'em back on the crank - 20 minutes tops, including coffee
> break..."

No need - self maintaining.....

> Bill "sounds like a fun weekend, ya freakin' ******" S.

No need anymore, heheheheh.......

Shaun aRe

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:46:56 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> It has been written that MTB season goes from 4/15 to 1/1.
>
> See Commander about that. I'd trust him with your bike. ;-)

bollox - it goes from 1/1 to 1/1. I don't trust anyone with my bike but me.

Shaun aRe

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:40:16 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>bollox

I have that on vinyl. Too Sweet!

Peace and God Save The Queen and her fascist regime, Bill

:-]