MTB Shoes

Redbears

Guest
G'day all

Looking at getting some new shoes for the MTB.

Anyone have any opinions on specific models or brands. I have been using Cannondale for the last
four years.

I was looking at Adidas, Specialized (Rockhopper) and Shimano M037 (from 2003 season).

Cheers!

Originally posted by Redbears
G'day all

Looking at getting some new shoes for the MTB.

Anyone have any opinions on specific models or brands. I have been using Cannondale for the last
four years.

I was looking at Adidas, Specialized (Rockhopper) and Shimano M037 (from 2003 season).

Cheers!

Hi Redbears

I've had the Specialized Rockhopper Comp for 12 months & can recomend them. I bought them as a touring - commuter shoe & they work really well for both & look good as a casual shoe.
I also have a pair of Gaerne MTB shoes that are much more a riding type shoe. These I also recomend. Stiffer than the Rockhoppers & not as comfortable to walk in but very good on the bike.
Both shoes felt very comfortable in the shop & have continued that way. I'd buy again based on finding the best fit.

redbears <[email protected]> wrote:
> G'day all

> Looking at getting some new shoes for the MTB.

> Anyone have any opinions on specific models or brands. I have been using Cannondale for the last
> four years.

I wear NorthWave. RRP about $200, bought for $150 with bike a few years ago and they are still
going strong. Have copped a lot of abuse and show a few signs of wear, but function and fit
perfect. I'm happy.

--
| ^Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool^ |

Bikesoiler <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've had the Specialized Rockhopper Comp for 12 months & can recomend

Answers Grudge, they are just a casual shoe, I have a pair more than two years old that look pretty
much unworn and they get worn nearly every day, all day.

till