MTB skills in today's TDF crash?

• Thread starter Mike Jacoubowsk
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jacoubowsk

Anybody catch the guy in the orange jersey (sorry I can't identify it yet) that rode over *two*
downed cyclists and stayed up? Pretty amazing to watch him in the replays. You see him going up well
above the rest of the cyclists (twice) and neither one was a result of jumping over people... you
could tell from the movement that he was literally *riding* over them, at least with his rear wheel.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Anybody catch the guy in the orange jersey (sorry I can't identify it yet) that rode over *two*
> downed cyclists and stayed up? Pretty amazing to watch him in the replays. You see him going up
> well above the rest of the cyclists (twice) and neither one was a result of jumping over
> people... you could tell from the movement that he was literally *riding* over them, at least
> with his rear wheel.

yeah -- I thought it was and Euskatel rider. For a moment it looked to me like he was going over the
handlebars, but I guess it was because he got the front wheel on the ground while the back wheel was
on the downed bikes.

NS

In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
<[email protected]> writes:

>Anybody catch the guy in the orange jersey (sorry I can't identify it yet) that rode over *two*
>downed cyclists and stayed up? Pretty amazing to watch him in the replays. You see him going up
>well above the rest of the cyclists (twice) and neither one was a result of jumping over
>people... you could tell from the movement that he was literally *riding* over them, at least
>with his rear wheel.

Hi Mike,

Yeah, I did see that.....and I "felt" every tooth in that big ring as he did it! Nasty, nasty crash.

Regards,
Bill

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anybody catch the guy in the orange jersey (sorry I can't identify it yet) that rode over *two*
> downed cyclists and stayed up? Pretty amazing to
watch
> him in the replays. You see him going up well above the rest of the cyclists (twice) and neither
> one was a result of jumping over people...
you
> could tell from the movement that he was literally *riding* over them, at least with his
> rear wheel.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>
>
>

Yeah, I think he jumped over, reminds me of the women"s world road race last year, I think a
girl did that in the race and another girl did a complete loop ta loop over Melchers landing on
her *****.

B-

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Bruce Johnston wrote:
> Yeah, I think he jumped over, reminds me of the women"s world road race last year, I think a
> girl did that in the race and another girl did a complete loop ta loop over Melchers landing on
> her *****.

That was Zenaida Stahurskaya.

Sergio Pisa

yeah awesome, at least he was probably in the big ring so some of the outer ring wouldn've been less
exposed.... horrible crash. ed "WBtobal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >Anybody catch the guy in the orange jersey (sorry I can't identify it
yet)
> >that rode over *two* downed cyclists and stayed up? Pretty amazing to
watch
> >him in the replays. You see him going up well above the rest of the cyclists (twice) and neither
> >one was a result of jumping over people...
you
> >could tell from the movement that he was literally *riding* over them, at least with his
> >rear wheel.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Yeah, I did see that.....and I "felt" every tooth in that big ring as he did it! Nasty,
> nasty crash.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

I call em road skills. I think people have been riding over victims and bunnyhopping crashes and
riding into and out of ditches and such for, uh, about 100 years of road racing. Cross skills
more like!

--

Jeff Potter
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com for modern folkways and culture revival...
...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...new books featuring: XC ski
culture, a Gulf Coast thriller folding bicycles ... with radical novels coming up! ...original
downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums!
HOLY SMOKES!

He was Samuel Sanchez.

"Nev Shea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Anybody catch the guy in the orange jersey (sorry I can't identify it yet) that rode over *two*
> > downed cyclists and stayed up? Pretty amazing to watch him in the replays. You see him going up
> > well above the rest of the cyclists (twice) and neither one was a result of jumping over
> > people... you could tell from the movement that he was literally *riding* over them, at least
> > with his rear wheel.
>
> yeah -- I thought it was and Euskatel rider. For a moment it looked to me like he was going over
> the handlebars, but I guess it was because he got the front wheel on the ground while the back
> wheel was on the downed
bikes.
>
> NS

Status
Not open for further replies.