MTB Stolen :( Replacement Advice Plz

Fishem

Apr 29, 2004
Hi, my 2003 Specialized Rockhopper which i absolutely loved was just stolen and as im about to move to Ohio (good biking country) i am in dire need of a replacement.

Im 5'6 and 115 lbs, I had a 15 inch frame on the Rockhopper and was really impressed with the hill climbing capability of the bike. Had a Shimano Deore derauler, good Shimano pedals, V-brakes, and semi slick tires for city riding.

Im looking for another hardtail bike, got the rockhopper for $700 with a nice package because it was an '03 model so i have no qualms with a model that is a year outdated, light frame important.

This is a sad time :( but I gotta move on, any advice would be awesome

www.craigslist.org

I got my hardtail Klein for $300 there. You get to shop localy so you can test ride easily and avoid retail prices too! Plus, if it gets stolen like your last one, you're not out much!

Cool, where to buy it isnt the issue so much as what MTB to get, I'd be perfectly happy with the same bike even but its been a couple years since i bought one and i havent been following the bike market.

Fishem said:
Cool, where to buy it isnt the issue so much as what MTB to get, I'd be perfectly happy with the same bike even but its been a couple years since i bought one and i havent been following the bike market.
I have a 04 model rockhopper...and absolutley love everything about it. One question? are you a woman? i ask because I have a women's specific and it is sooo comfortable...i don't have to reach too far for anything. Because you loved your 03 model, I would suggest the 04 at $500, at least it was last year, its probably less now...hope i helped somehow!