MTB trails east coast

[email protected] wrote:
> Looking to find good trails with scenic beauty. I know of Tsali and the
> top places but would be interested in hearing about anyone elses picks
> for good rides and scenic beauty. Thanks
> Also I found this MTB trail DVD to be a good resource for those
> intersested.
>

> http://www.filmbaby.com/product_info.php?products_id=221

Um, the East Cost of the USA is quite long (like 2500 miles or so). Any
specific states or regions? Every place has it's own scenic qualities.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:47:49 -0800, <[email protected]> wrote:

> Also I found this MTB trail DVD to be a good resource for those
> intersested.
>

> <http://.... S N I P>

Mmmmm.... I love them smell of simmering spam in the morning.
--
Slack

If you mentioned Tsali then you're looking at the western
NC area. Any of the trails there will be scenic.

http://www.mtbikewnc.com/index.html

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

news:[email protected]...

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:47:49 -0800, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Also I found this MTB trail DVD to be a good resource for those
> > intersested.
> >

> > <http://.... S N I P>

> Mmmmm.... I love them smell of simmering spam in the morning.

with grits & eggs?

broken toy wrote:
> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:47:49 -0800, <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Also I found this MTB trail DVD to be a good resource for those
> > > intersested.
> > >

> > > <http://.... S N I P>

> > Mmmmm.... I love them smell of simmering spam in the morning.
> >

> with grits & eggs?

Man, can't someone suggest something someone likes without getting the
idea that its spam. I'm genuinely interested in hearing about places
that have a good ride with some beautiful scenery. Yeah the east coast
covers a lot of territory but I travel and would be interested in
anyones experiences. I'm in NY and always looking to get away from the
city. But I guess the cynics would just have me stay in and eat my
grits and eggs.

[email protected] wrote:
> broken toy wrote:
>> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> Mmmmm.... I love them smell of simmering spam in the morning.
>>>

>> with grits & eggs?

> Man, can't someone suggest something someone likes without getting the
> idea that its spam. I'm genuinely interested in hearing about places
> that have a good ride with some beautiful scenery. Yeah the east coast
> covers a lot of territory but I travel and would be interested in
> anyones experiences. I'm in NY and always looking to get away from the
> city. But I guess the cynics would just have me stay in and eat my
> grits and eggs.

they could fling monkey poo at you.....

[email protected] wrote:
> broken toy wrote:
>
>>"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>>Mmmmm.... I love them smell of simmering spam in the morning.
>>>

>>with grits & eggs?

> Man, can't someone suggest something someone likes without getting the
> idea that its spam. I'm genuinely interested in hearing about places
> that have a good ride with some beautiful scenery. Yeah the east coast
> covers a lot of territory but I travel and would be interested in
> anyones experiences. I'm in NY and always looking to get away from the
> city. But I guess the cynics would just have me stay in and eat my
> grits and eggs.

Well now that you said where you are, it's a bit easier. Take a nice
weekend to Jim Thorpe, PA. It's the MTB mecca of the East Coast. The
best riding you'll do within 200 miles (it's less than 80 miles from
you) and a great town. You can check my website for pics and reports on
it, maybe even a video or two.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> I'm in NY and always looking to get away from the
> city.

drive to NH and seek out FOMBA and Bear Brook S.P.
if you are still hankering for more ask the locals

>But I guess the cynics would just have me stay in and eat my
> grits and eggs.

kiss my grits

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote
> Jim Thorpe, PA. It's the MTB mecca of the East Coast.
> best riding you'll do within 200 miles

<snork>
Riiiiiight, mecca, uhh huh.

"J G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:s%[email protected]...
> "Ride-A-Lot" wrote
>> Jim Thorpe, PA. It's the MTB mecca of the East Coast.
>> best riding you'll do within 200 miles

> <snork>
> Riiiiiight, mecca, uhh huh.

JG, did you ever get my email?

J G wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" wrote
>
>>Jim Thorpe, PA. It's the MTB mecca of the East Coast.
>>best riding you'll do within 200 miles

> <snork>
> Riiiiiight, mecca, uhh huh.

Well, it's our mecca. We can dream, can't we?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote
> J G wrote:
> > "Ride-A-Lot" wrote
> >>Jim Thorpe, PA. It's the MTB mecca of the East Coast.
> >>best riding you'll do within 200 miles

> > <snork>
> > Riiiiiight, mecca, uhh huh.

> Well, it's our mecca. We can dream, can't we?

Well, I guess it's all relative.
When I lived 5 minutes from Bear Brook and 10 from FOMBA I was spoiled
and never knew how bad most everything else was, but still seeked out
new riding experince.

Now I'm 5 minuted from Stanky Creek Which everybody agrees is "the
best around" and truly realize how good I had it. Which I why I'll
spend a day driving down to Birmingham, AL or over to Eastern, TN for
some "hills"

I'm just glad I left a bike in NH so I can ride any time I visit ;-)

> Don't think so.....
>
>> JG, did you ever get my email?
>>
>> 1¢

the link that's autogenerated to register for being allowed is
nonfunctional. It's OK. I can take a hint.

"Small Change" wrote
> the link that's autogenerated to register for being allowed is
> nonfunctional.

Okay Penny, put down the hookah and step back slooowly.
(IOW, what the h&ll are you talking about?-)

>It's OK. I can take a hint.

Okay so why not throw a few my why because I have no clue what you are
talking about/

> "Small Change" wrote
>> the link that's autogenerated to register for being allowed is
>> nonfunctional.

> Okay Penny, put down the hookah and step back slooowly.
> (IOW, what the h&ll are you talking about?-)
>

>> It's OK. I can take a hint.

> Okay so why not throw a few my why because I have no clue what you are
> talking about/

I'm not going to post the email address I used that got me this:

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have
approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill
out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will
receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your
message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:

https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/[email protected]&id=1dfd1t4LZ3NZFpF0

Per Small Change:

>Click the link below to fill out the request:
>

>https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/[email protected]&id=1dfd1t4LZ3NZFpF0

My little domain was getting 7,500-8,000 spams per day last time I checked.
I've been telling people that this is the way to go for about three years now
and every time I brought it up, Somebody Who Knew took pains to point out why it
was such a terrible idea.

Glad to see EL has it together. Maybe I can get my ISP to implement something
like that.
--
PeteCresswell

> Per Small Change:
>>

>> Click the link below to fill out the request:
>>

>> https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/[email protected]&id=1dfd1t4LZ3NZFpF0

> My little domain was getting 7,500-8,000 spams per day last time I
> checked. I've been telling people that this is the way to go for
> about three years now and every time I brought it up, Somebody Who
> Knew took pains to point out why it was such a terrible idea.
>
> Glad to see EL has it together. Maybe I can get my ISP to implement
> something like that.

yes but the link doesn't work... I get a syntax error. It's no biggie, I
was just going to tell John about a 6'6" #300 rugby player in the UK that
I've been making cycle jerseys for. (I know you all were dying to know just
what I had to email him about)

penny