mtb trails near augusta maine

horn dog

Guest
anybody know of any? I am going to move from Denver to Augusta to be near
my kids but need to ride. help please

"horn dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> anybody know of any? I am going to move from Denver to Augusta to be near
> my kids but need to ride. help please

These guys can probably help you get to know the area.

http://www.bikeman.com/team2003.htm

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

"horn dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> anybody know of any? I am going to move from Denver to Augusta to be near
> my kids but need to ride. help please

Here's a few things to check out:

listing Portland area rides. There are some mid state riders in the
group, you can post there to solicit more info.

There's some Maine riders working to establish a NEMBA affiliate club,
you can contact them through www.nemba.org. I'm pretty sure they have
done some trail building in the Augusta area.

The Belgrade Lakes Area has a group working to create non motorized
trails in that area, http://www.kennebechighlands.org for more info.

I've been told there is a decent loop in Lake St. George State Park,
but haven't gotten up there to check it out yet. Mount Blue SP has
some XC ski & ATV trails that are open for mountain bikes too.

Hope you like bugs, mud, rocks & roots. If you're also a skier,
remember - it's only called "ice" in New England if you can see your
reflection in it. What westerners call "ice" we call packed powder.

Dave Dowler