Mtb videos, burning VCD's and audio lag...

Ctg

Guest
I've been burning some VCD's (video cd's) of mtb videos, mostly Pete F.'s and some others, to watch
on tv. I've shown them to a few people and they wanted copies to watch while riding stationary. One
problem I keep having is there seems to be a lag between the video and the audio, the audio seems to
be a second or so behind the picture. I know this doesn't sound like much (and it's not) but it bugs
the hell out of me. Does anyone have any experience burning VCD's and have they ever run across this
problem? The software I'm using is called VCDeasy, just freeware. It does complain a little about
the vids being noncompliant to VCDeasy's standards but it does burn them. I could re-encode them
using a program called TMPGEnc (more freeware) which would probably make the files compliant, but
that would take forever and I'm not going to go that way. Hoping for an easy fix or I'll just have
to be annoyed...

Thanks, Chris

ctg wrote:
> I've been burning some VCD's (video cd's) of mtb videos, mostly Pete
> F.'s and some others, to watch on tv. I've shown them to a few people and they wanted copies to
> watch while riding stationary. One problem I keep having is there seems to be a lag between the
> video and the audio, the audio seems to be a second or so behind the picture. I know this
> doesn't sound like much (and it's not) but it bugs the hell out of me. Does anyone have any
> experience burning VCD's and have they ever run across this problem? The software I'm using is
> called VCDeasy, just freeware. It does complain a little about the vids being noncompliant to
> VCDeasy's standards but it does burn them. I could re-encode them using a program called TMPGEnc
> (more freeware) which would probably make the files compliant, but that would take forever and
> I'm not going to go that way. Hoping for an easy fix or I'll just have to be annoyed...
>
> Thanks, Chris

what is Pete's policy on distributing his videos?

Penny

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/author

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

> what is Pete's policy on distributing his videos?
>
> Penny

I don't know mom.

Chris

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > what is Pete's policy on distributing his videos?
> >
> > Penny
>
> I don't know mom.
>
> Chris

It'll be okay dear. My inquiry was bigger that wondering what you were doing. I've never read Pete's
copy right page before, but I have written him for permission to download and burn on to CD';s.

I've got two different web sites and I'm always curious how people attempt to protect their
intellectual property when it's on the web. Articles from my site have been plagiarized several
times, and usually the only way to find out is if someone else who is familiar with the author or
the content happens to run across it and let you know what some weasel has done. In my case they
just pasted the article and submitted it with their name on it ( to a resource site in Australia,
among other...they were so embarrassed when I found it!!)

Just my two cents, and ctg I certainly didn't intend to come across as attacking you.... my thoughts
were just going on about the Pete's videos as they are so fine.

Penny

> I've got two different web sites and I'm always curious how people
attempt
> to protect their intellectual property when it's on the web. Articles from my site have been
> plagiarized several times, and usually the only way to find out is if someone else who is familiar
> with the author or the content happens to run across it and let you know what some weasel has
> done. In my case they just pasted the article and submitted it with their name on it ( to a
> resource site in Australia, among other...they were so embarrassed
when
> I found it!!)

It's a weird thing when it happens. I did some customization to a car once and put a picture of it
on the web; someone later sent me a link to where a company took that picture and included it in
their online brochure as their own work. They even gave me **** when I told them to either remove
the picture or credit me. Amazing.

John Harlow wrote:
>> I've got two different web sites and I'm always curious how people attempt to protect their
>> intellectual property when it's on the web. Articles from my site have been plagiarized several
>> times, and usually the only way to find out is if someone else who is familiar with the author
>> or the content happens to run across it and let you know what some weasel has done. In my case
>> they just pasted the article and submitted it with their name on it ( to a resource site in
>> Australia, among other...they were so embarrassed when I found it!!)
>
> It's a weird thing when it happens. I did some customization to a car once and put a picture of it
> on the web; someone later sent me a link to where a company took that picture and included it in
> their online brochure as their own work. They even gave me **** when I told them to either remove
> the picture or credit me. Amazing.

It helps to have lawyers who are friends that can write nasty letters for you. <g>

penny

> John Harlow wrote:
> >> I've got two different web sites and I'm always curious how people attempt to protect their
> >> intellectual property when it's on the web. Articles from my site have been plagiarized
> >> several times, and usually the only way to find out is if someone else who is familiar with
> >> the author or the content happens to run across it and let you know what some weasel has done.
> >> In my case they just pasted the article and submitted it with their name on it ( to a resource
> >> site in Australia, among other...they were so embarrassed when I found it!!)
> >
> > It's a weird thing when it happens. I did some customization to a car once and put a picture of
> > it on the web; someone later sent me a link to where a company took that picture and included it
> > in their online brochure as their own work. They even gave me **** when I told them to either
> > remove the picture or credit me. Amazing.
>
> It helps to have lawyers who are friends that can write nasty letters for you. <g>
>
> penny

Since most of us steal music to use in our videos I don't really think I'd have a leg to stand on if
someone else stole it from me. Do two thefts cancel each other out? :)
--