MTB Videos & Imagestation Filenames

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bb, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Bb

    Bb Guest

    I know there are a few others out there that use Imagestation for their MTB videos. The filenames
    that I previously used don't work anymore; anyone figured out how to link to videos on Imagestation?

  2. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I know there are a few others out there that use Imagestation for their MTB videos. The filenames
    > that I previously used don't work anymore; anyone figured out how to link to videos on
    > Imagestation?
    >
    > --
    > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    Imagestation got a bit smarter and doesn't let you link from outside anymore. I think they do it
    based on how often a file is linked during a particular period. All of my old videos still work,
    but if I post a new one and a ton of people try to hit it, Imagestation will yank it offline.
    After the inital thrust of interest dies down, I have posted the same video again and it's stayed
    up for a while.

    The fix is to either get everybody who is going to view it to join Imagestation and view the video
    from your folder directly or just wait until Imagestion yanks it and post it again. TEdious but we
    get what we pay for!

    Michael

  3. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On 17 Mar 2003 18:26:20 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I know there are a few others out there that use Imagestation for their MTB videos. The filenames
    >that I previously used don't work anymore; anyone figured out how to link to videos on
    >Imagestation?

    Imagestation does not like you directly linking to a video hosted there. What they want you to do is
    link to your album from your webpage. Of course your viewers will have to do a quick signup for
    thier own imagestation account in order to see your album.

    What they are doing now is deactivate your account when they "catch" you directly linking. It
    appears that a lot of traffic is what gets them looking at your account. If you repost one your
    videos (using a new account) after all the "hype" is over then you are usually good to go.

    I finally decided to pay for some webspace and bandwidth since somebody else already got the coveted
    Oscar Meyer sponsorship ;-)

    These are the folks I went with if your are interested. www.infinology.com They have been pretty
    good so far.

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  4. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I know there are a few others out there that use Imagestation for their MTB videos. The
    > > filenames that I previously used don't work anymore; anyone figured out how to link to videos on
    > > Imagestation?
    > >
    > > --
    > > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
    >
    > Imagestation got a bit smarter and doesn't let you link from outside anymore. I think they do it
    > based on how often a file is linked during a particular period. All of my old videos still work,
    > but if I post a new
    one
    > and a ton of people try to hit it, Imagestation will yank it offline.
    After
    > the inital thrust of interest dies down, I have posted the same video
    again
    > and it's stayed up for a while.
    >
    > The fix is to either get everybody who is going to view it to join Imagestation and view the video
    > from your folder directly or just wait
    until
    > Imagestion yanks it and post it again. TEdious but we get what we pay
    for!

    > Michael

    Nice footage bro, but that singletrack looks ripped up.