MTB with rack/mudguard mounts

Clive George

Guest
I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin MTB
(Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to have the
bosses for a 4 point rack.

cheers,
clive

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin MTB
> (Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to have the
> bosses for a 4 point rack.

It used to be common, my 12 year old Trek 8000 (aluminium mid to upper
range) mtb has them as does mine and SWMBOs (hers is step-through) mid 90's
budget Specialized Hardrocks.

Rgds,
Pete

Clive George wrote:

> I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin MTB
> (Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to have the
> bosses for a 4 point rack.

So does my Cannondale M1000, which is/was an extremely light and pretty
hardcore offroad racing machine.

It was a surprise to me to find them on my Marin Palisades Trail (same frame
?).

With slick tyres and panniers on the back it has been round Holland and into
Belgium twice. No problem. A comfy tourer once I'd ditched the factory saddle
!

Andrew.