MTB with rack/mudguard mounts

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Clive George, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin MTB
    (Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to have the
    bosses for a 4 point rack.

    cheers,
    clive

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin MTB
    > (Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to have the
    > bosses for a 4 point rack.

    It used to be common, my 12 year old Trek 8000 (aluminium mid to upper
    range) mtb has them as does mine and SWMBOs (hers is step-through) mid 90's
    budget Specialized Hardrocks.

    Rgds,
    Pete

  3. Clive George wrote:

    > I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin MTB
    > (Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to have the
    > bosses for a 4 point rack.

    So does my Cannondale M1000, which is/was an extremely light and pretty
    hardcore offroad racing machine.

  4. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Clive George
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > I surprised was - visiting a friend with a quite posh shiny new Marin
    > MTB (Pine Trail? moderately well equipped Al hardtail), it appears to
    > have the bosses for a 4 point rack.

    Very useful if you're doing multi-day epics.

    ;; no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
    ;; Jim Morrison

  5. ARCred

    ARCred Guest

    It was a surprise to me to find them on my Marin Palisades Trail (same frame
    ?).

    With slick tyres and panniers on the back it has been round Holland and into
    Belgium twice. No problem. A comfy tourer once I'd ditched the factory saddle
    !

    Andrew.