MTB XC Training programe

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Kiara2K, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Kiara2K

Kiara2K New Member

Hi,

I am a beginner on mountain bike XC.
    I have not much problem with technical drop but have problem on climbing due to lack of stamina.
    I would like to start training seriously to prepare for XC race (30 km) and I am thinking of taking part in my first race in about 5 - 6 months time.
    I would appreciate if any of you guys can prepare or give me some good training programe or tips which I can follow for my training.
    I know getting a coach is the best solution but here in my country , it is not possible.
    I am going to be a pro rider but just want to be good enough to finish any XC race I take part in.
    By the way I am 40 years old
    Thanking you guys in advance.

Tags:

2. Kiara2K

Kiara2K New Member

Sorry, I mean I have no intention to be a pro rider.

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

Base training lots of miles into your legs, few months of long slow miles. After u have a lots of mile in your system then start with the intensity training. one long ride per week and 3 to 4 hard shorter rides per week. If you feel like crap then listen to your body and ease up. Overtraining is no fun.

4. baseone

baseone New Member

I'm there with you!
    Did the RedBull 24 hrs this year after minimal training and the thing that got me was not being able to stop like you would on a usual ride. Seems like the only way to learn is to do it, and that's a bit of a steep learning curve but there again everything is steep in biking.
    Best of luck - 40's nothing - it's a good time of life to see what you've got in you and how mentally strong you've become over the years (I'm hoping! 5 yeasr to go for me)