MTBing on Everest

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Martin Sinclair, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Hi All,

    Just thought you people may be interested in a MTB trip I have just done, I cycled from Lhasa(Tibet)
    to Kathmandu (Nepal) via Mt Everest base camp.

    Got some pictured on this web site

    http://www.lhasa-2-kathmandu.co.uk

    Cheers Mart

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    > Just thought you people may be interested in a MTB trip I have just done,
    > cycled from Lhasa(Tibet) to Kathmandu (Nepal) via Mt Everest base camp.

    Seems like a nice trip: How was the situation with regard to permission to cycle? We would like to
    do it sometime bu were put off by the situation in Tibet when we went there to trek in 96. We would
    do it on our own without support trucks etc.

    Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB-Himalaya.html

  3. Dave Jackson

    Dave Jackson Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "martin sinclair" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Just thought you people may be interested in a MTB trip I have just done, I cycled from
    > Lhasa(Tibet) to Kathmandu (Nepal) via Mt Everest base camp.
    >
    > Got some pictured on this web site
    >
    > http://www.lhasa-2-kathmandu.co.uk
    >
    > Cheers Mart
    >
    > --
    > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

    I haven't been able to load this page. :(

    Dave in Minnesota