mud guard for 20" wheel tag a long

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gordon Taylor, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Dear All,

    I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
    using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
    tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
    I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
    ideas?

    I would be happy to buy front and rear mud guards as the tag a long has
    a front wheel that replaces the tag a a long bit make a normal(ish)
    looking bike (most ingenious!)

    Merry Christmas to you all.

    Gordon

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Gordon Taylor wrote:

    > I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
    > using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
    > tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
    > I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any ideas?

    SKS do them, and I know this because the 20" front wheel of my
    Streemachine has one!

    Darth Ben at Kinetics is used to dealing with small wheels and has an
    Interesting Cupboard full of associated stuff, so I'd drop him a line
    and see if he has any. You can't get much better than SKS when it comes
    to mudguards.

    http://kinetics.org.uk/
    0141 942 2552
    [email protected]

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 21/12/04 12:11 pm, in article [email protected]c.uk, "Gordon Taylor"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
    > using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
    > tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
    > I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > I would be happy to buy front and rear mud guards as the tag a long has
    > a front wheel that replaces the tag a a long bit make a normal(ish)
    > looking bike (most ingenious!)

    You can get them. I am trying to remember where I got the mudguards for my
    daughter's bike, Edinburgh Bicycle I think.

    Yup. 12.95 a pair.

    Online shop -> kids bikes -> accessories.
    or
    http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/catalogue/item.cfm?ID=2134

    ...d

  4. "Gordon Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the
    > intention of using it to get my four year old daughter to school.
    > Unfortunately the tag a long does not have any mud guards.
    > After some internet searching I have not been able to find
    > anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any ideas?

    Your local Moulton dealer can help. If, as your email address suggests,
    you're in Bath, your local Moulton dealer is Avon Valley Cycles, behind
    Bath Spa railway station.

    James Thomson

  5. Kit Wolf

    Kit Wolf Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Gordon Taylor wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
    > using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
    > tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
    > I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
    > ideas?

    I once bought a 20" mudguard from futurecycles (www.futurecycles.co.uk).
    More recently I found some kiddie-mudguards made in thick black plastic
    that fit easily to my recumbent and were quite cheap. They were made by
    raleigh and don't have stays.

    http://www.raleigh.co.uk/bits/index.html shows some mudguards for 20"
    wheels - I assume they were the same ones as I bought but I can't be sure.
    I bought them from a local bike shop so I don't know where you might find
    them on the internet.

    Kit

    > Merry Christmas to you all.
    >
    > Gordon

  6. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    "Gordon Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
    > using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
    > tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
    > I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > I would be happy to buy front and rear mud guards as the tag a long has
    > a front wheel that replaces the tag a a long bit make a normal(ish)
    > looking bike (most ingenious!)

    I got two sets of 24" aluminium ones and pulled the sides out - they
    tightened up nicely to fit 20" wheels on a trike.

  7. andymac85

    andymac85 Guest

    Don't forget to get a FULL guard for your bike otherwise your daughter will
    be covered from your rear wheel
    wouldn't want that now would we!!!!!!