mud guard for 20" wheel tag a long

Gordon Taylor

Guest
Dear All,

I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
ideas?

I would be happy to buy front and rear mud guards as the tag a long has
a front wheel that replaces the tag a a long bit make a normal(ish)
looking bike (most ingenious!)

Merry Christmas to you all.

Gordon

Gordon Taylor wrote:

> I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
> using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
> tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
> I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any ideas?

SKS do them, and I know this because the 20" front wheel of my
Streemachine has one!

Darth Ben at Kinetics is used to dealing with small wheels and has an
Interesting Cupboard full of associated stuff, so I'd drop him a line
and see if he has any. You can't get much better than SKS when it comes
to mudguards.

http://kinetics.org.uk/
0141 942 2552
[email protected]

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 21/12/04 12:11 pm, in article [email protected], "Gordon Taylor"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
> using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
> tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
> I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
> ideas?
>
> I would be happy to buy front and rear mud guards as the tag a long has
> a front wheel that replaces the tag a a long bit make a normal(ish)
> looking bike (most ingenious!)

You can get them. I am trying to remember where I got the mudguards for my
daughter's bike, Edinburgh Bicycle I think.

Yup. 12.95 a pair.

Online shop -> kids bikes -> accessories.
or
http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/catalogue/item.cfm?ID=2134

...d

"Gordon Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the
> intention of using it to get my four year old daughter to school.
> Unfortunately the tag a long does not have any mud guards.
> After some internet searching I have not been able to find
> anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any ideas?

Your local Moulton dealer can help. If, as your email address suggests,
you're in Bath, your local Moulton dealer is Avon Valley Cycles, behind
Bath Spa railway station.

James Thomson

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Gordon Taylor wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
> using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
> tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
> I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
> ideas?

I once bought a 20" mudguard from futurecycles (www.futurecycles.co.uk).
More recently I found some kiddie-mudguards made in thick black plastic
that fit easily to my recumbent and were quite cheap. They were made by
raleigh and don't have stays.

http://www.raleigh.co.uk/bits/index.html shows some mudguards for 20"
wheels - I assume they were the same ones as I bought but I can't be sure.
I bought them from a local bike shop so I don't know where you might find
them on the internet.

Kit

> Merry Christmas to you all.
>
> Gordon

"Gordon Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dear All,
>
> I have recently purchased (on ebay) a tag a long with the intention of
> using it to get my four year old daughter to school. Unfortunately the
> tag a long does not have any mud guards. After some internet searching
> I have not been able to find anywhere that lists 20" mudguards. Any
> ideas?
>
> I would be happy to buy front and rear mud guards as the tag a long has
> a front wheel that replaces the tag a a long bit make a normal(ish)
> looking bike (most ingenious!)

I got two sets of 24" aluminium ones and pulled the sides out - they
tightened up nicely to fit 20" wheels on a trike.

Don't forget to get a FULL guard for your bike otherwise your daughter will
be covered from your rear wheel
wouldn't want that now would we!!!!!!