Mud

Destroy

Guest
Who invented this stuff anyway? Sure wasn't a mtn bike owner I wouldn't think. Certainly makes for
twitchy, slippery and unstable going. Not to mention rutting up the trail some.

Is it wrong to feel guilty of biking in this stuff as far as trail damage is concerned?

Suppose I could have bailed and headed home but damn it, it was nice and sunny and warm today, just
had to get a ride in.

Destroy murmured while asleep:
> Who invented this stuff anyway? Sure wasn't a mtn bike owner I wouldn't think. Certainly makes for
> twitchy, slippery and unstable going. Not to mention rutting up the trail some.
>
> Is it wrong to feel guilty of biking in this stuff as far as trail damage is concerned?
>
> Suppose I could have bailed and headed home but damn it, it was nice and sunny and warm today,
> just had to get a ride in.

I was thinking a cold mud ride might be just the ticket this week. Our 15" of snow melted, it's in
the 40's in the sun...In my area I don't worry about trail damage as we have very fast draining
sandy soil. In some areas it's a real concern tho.

Penny

"Destroy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Who invented this stuff anyway? Sure wasn't a mtn bike owner I wouldn't think. Certainly makes for
> twitchy, slippery and unstable going.

If it were clean and easy, roadies would be riding on trails. Dig the dirt.

>Not to mention rutting up the trail some.

Do mention it.

> Is it wrong to feel guilty of biking in this stuff as far as trail damage is concerned?

Usually, like 99% of the time, yes. If you have low-level trails that hold water, or very tight
soil, rutting could kill a trail system (everyone say "Patapsco" with me). If you feel your trails
can take it, and you must ride in super slop, for Dog's sake stay ON THE TRAIL, don't widen things.

> Suppose I could have bailed and headed home but damn it, it was nice and sunny and warm today,
> just had to get a ride in.

Word. Hear that.

Chris