Mudguard for a Schwalbe 47-406

Tosspot

Guest
Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:56:41 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

> Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a 20x1.75"
> tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

Try a dealer who sells Pashley Moultons: they are on 406 rims, although
the tyres are normally somewhat narrower than 47mm.

Mike

Tosspot wrote:
> Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
> 20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

you'll find a 26" MTB mudguard will fit OK. ICE just use those and cut
a bit off for their 20" wheel Trices.

Tosspot wrote:
> Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
> 20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

Many thanks for the replies. In particular the Dahon link and the
observation acut down a 26" will probably work. I shall investigate
during the course of the week.

Btw, it was for the Anthrotech, of course, when I noticed Schwalbe make
a 20" Marathon Plus[1] which wont quite fit the existing mudguards.

[1] The One True Tyre.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:56:41 +0200, Tosspot <[email protected]>
said in <[email protected]>:

>Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
>20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

I got mine from FutureCycles.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> Tosspot wrote:
> > Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
> > 20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

> you'll find a 26" MTB mudguard will fit OK. ICE just use those and cut
> a bit off for their 20" wheel Trices.

As an owner of a 20" Trice, I must respectfully disagree. They use
pukka 20" SKS items.

They came for Eamonn Holmes; I think I'm right in saying that I
applauded.

Dave Larrington wrote:

>>Tosspot wrote:
>>
>>>Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
>>>20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

>>you'll find a 26" MTB mudguard will fit OK. ICE just use those and cut
>>a bit off for their 20" wheel Trices.

> As an owner of a 20" Trice, I must respectfully disagree. They use
> pukka 20" SKS items.

But not 1.75", at least not on the SKS website.

says...
> Dave Larrington wrote:

> >>you'll find a 26" MTB mudguard will fit OK. ICE just use those and cut
> >>a bit off for their 20" wheel Trices.

> > As an owner of a 20" Trice, I must respectfully disagree. They use
> > pukka 20" SKS items.

> But not 1.75", at least not on the SKS website.

(Girds up fingers, thumbs and ears)

True. Though I've got 40 mm section Marathon Racers on mine ATM, and
there's still a /bit/ of space thereunder.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for "CSI"

World Domination? Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then
chain to the floor and walk up and down on it in high heels.

Dave Larrington wrote:

>>Tosspot wrote:
>>
>>>Or in laymans speak, anyone know where I can get a mudguard for a
>>>20x1.75" tyre? I've googled till I'm blue in the face.

>>you'll find a 26" MTB mudguard will fit OK. ICE just use those and cut
>>a bit off for their 20" wheel Trices.

> As an owner of a 20" Trice, I must respectfully disagree. They use
> pukka 20" SKS items.

no, when I spoke to them for replacements for mine, they said they
just cut down a 26" guard

> Dave Larrington wrote:

> >>you'll find a 26" MTB mudguard will fit OK. ICE just use those and cut
> >>a bit off for their 20" wheel Trices.

> > As an owner of a 20" Trice, I must respectfully disagree. They use
> > pukka 20" SKS items.
> >

> no, when I spoke to them for replacements for mine, they said they
> just cut down a 26" guard

Do not trust them, for they lie...

Seriously, thobut, there is no way on $DEITY's Dirt that those on my
steed are anything other than genuine 20" items.

If you want a bicycle, buy a bicycle. If you want something that folds,
buy a deckchair.