muffin recipes

Mouse

Guest
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give a quick and simple recipe for carrot muffins and pumpkin
muffins? I don't bake a lot but I want to start with different types of muffis. Thank you Leeanne

"Mouse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give a quick and simple recipe for carrot muffins and pumpkin
> muffins? I don't bake a lot but I want to start with different types of muffis. Thank you Leeanne

Sure:

1/2 c. sugar 2 c. flour 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2/2 tsp. baking soda
3/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. cinnamon
4/4 tsp. cloves 2 eggs
4 (1 1/2 oz.) jar junior carrots
5/2 c. salad oil
6/2 c. maple syrup

Blend first 7 ingredients and set aside. Beat together the balance of the items listed, then add
the dry mixture. Spoon the batter into 2 1/2-inch greased or papered muffin tins filling about
1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. (Test for doneness with toothpick). Makes
about 18 muffins.

Leeanne wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can give a quick and simple recipe for carrot muffins and pumpkin
> muffins?

HASTINGS HOUSE SPICED CARROT MUFFINS 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed -- (light brown sugar) 1 teaspoon baking soda
4/2 teaspoon cinnamon
5/2 teaspoon salt
6/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1 pinch allspice 1 pinch ginger 1 large egg
7/2 cup Buttermilk
8/3 cup Vegetable oil
9/2 teaspoon Vanilla 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots -- (about 4)
10/2 cup Raisins or currants

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 12 half-cup muffin tins. In a medium bowl whisk together
flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice and ginger. In a bowl
whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and stir in carrot and raisins. Add egg mixture to
flour mixture and stir batter until just combined. (Batter will be very thick). Divide batter among
prepared tins and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.

PUMPKIN WALNUT MUFFINS 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
11/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
12/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk 2 large eggs 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses 1 teaspoon vanilla 1
cup all-purpose flour 1 cup white whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking
powder 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
13/2 teaspoon ground ginger
14/4 teaspoon ground cloves
15/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
16/2 teaspoon salt
17/4 teaspoon baking soda
18/4 cup packed brown sugar
19/4 cup chopped pitted dates (about 4 ounces)
20/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (about 3 ounces)

Preheat oven to 400° F. and grease twelve 1/2-cup muffin cups.

Melt butter and cool slightly. In a bowl whisk together butter, pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs, molasses,
and vanilla. Into a large bowl sift together flours, baking powder, spices, salt, and baking soda
and whisk in brown sugar. Make a well in center of flour mixture and add pumpkin mixture, stirring
just until combined. Stir in dates and divide batter among cups. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over batter
in each cup and bake muffins in middle of oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and a tester comes
out clean. Cool muffins in cups 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack. Serve muffins warm or at room
temperature.

Makes 12 muffins.