mugging for a bike..

  • Thread starter dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
  • Start date



D

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Guest
See

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Ne
ws&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED25%20Nov%202004%2022%3A06%3A
42%3A030

or

http://tinyurl.com/54k9g

"Bike thieves trick and injure man

EMMA LEE

25 November 2004 22:06

A 28-year-old Good Samaritan needed hospital treatment after suffering cuts to
his hand when he struggled to stop two men stealing his bike as he went to
work.

The victim was cycling along Kettlewell Lane in King's Lynn at around 5.10am on
Wednesday.

When he reached the junction with Long Pond, he came across a man who appeared
to be ill.

When he stopped to ask him if he was OK, a second man approached him from
behind and tried to steal his bike. As he struggled to hold on to his bike, the
first man went at him with what is believed to be a small knife.

When he held his hands up to defend himself, the victim was cut across his palm
several times.

The man managed to escape and pedalled off towards Kettlewell Lane.

His attackers are thought to have made off in the Long Pond direction towards
North Lynn.

The first man was about 20, 5ft 8in, of medium build with short dark hair and
clean shaven. He wore a distinctive goth-style black coat.

The second man was shorter, was wearing a dark jacket and may also have worn a
hat.

Anyone who has information, contact Det Con Steve Matthews at Lynn CID on 01553
691211."

Not Nice...

Cheers, helen s


--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
to get correct one remove fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*[email protected]$*a$o*l.c**$om$

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--
 
A

Adrian Boliston

Guest
"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote:

> ..
> A 28-year-old Good Samaritan needed hospital treatment after
> suffering cuts to his hand when he struggled to stop two men stealing
> his bike as he went to work.....


It's not like they are going to make much money out of selling a typical
secondhand commuting bike, so seems a lot of effort to actually *plan* an attack
in this way!
 
N

Niv

Guest
Removal of Goolies with very blunt saw, and `SLOWLY, just may make them
think again. But probably not, the brain dead SOBs'.

Niv.

> A 28-year-old Good Samaritan needed hospital treatment after suffering
> cuts to
> his hand when he struggled to stop two men stealing his bike as he went to
> work.
>
> The victim was cycling along Kettlewell Lane in King's Lynn at around
> 5.10am on
> Wednesday.
>
> When he reached the junction with Long Pond, he came across a man who
> appeared
> to be ill.
>
> When he stopped to ask him if he was OK, a second man approached him from
> behind and tried to steal his bike. As he struggled to hold on to his
> bike, the
> first man went at him with what is believed to be a small knife.
>
> When he held his hands up to defend himself, the victim was cut across his
> palm
> several times.
>
> The man managed to escape and pedalled off towards Kettlewell Lane.
>
> His attackers are thought to have made off in the Long Pond direction
> towards
> North Lynn.
>
> The first man was about 20, 5ft 8in, of medium build with short dark hair
> and
> clean shaven. He wore a distinctive goth-style black coat.
>
> The second man was shorter, was wearing a dark jacket and may also have
> worn a
> hat.
>
> Anyone who has information, contact Det Con Steve Matthews at Lynn CID on
> 01553
> 691211."
>
 
C

Chris Bardell

Guest
[email protected]omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category
> =Ne
> ws&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED25%20Nov%202004%2022%3A06
> %3A 42%3A030


Yeah, I read that the other day. Traditional u.r.c goolie-removal, IMHO.

No joke - I need a new compact frame-pump to replace a crappy H*lfords
plastic one which can't run more than about 30psi. Thinking of a sturdy
aluminium one which *could* be pressed into service for <ahem> self-
defence purposes. Anyone got any recommendations?

Aside: when the pavement cyclist in Norwich got hit around the head with
a baseball bat by a ped in Norwich earlier this year, the EDP's forum was
full of people crowing 'serves him right for riding on the pavement',
with hardly a mention for 'hitting people with a baseball bat is wrong'.
See http://new.edp24.co.uk/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=41&MessageID=
7344&TopicPage=1

--
Chris Bardell
[Remove favourite mode of transport from email address]
 
J

JBB

Guest
"Chris Bardell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> [email protected]omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category
>> =Ne
>> ws&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED25%20Nov%202004%2022%3A06
>> %3A 42%3A030

>
> Yeah, I read that the other day. Traditional u.r.c goolie-removal, IMHO.
>
> No joke - I need a new compact frame-pump to replace a crappy H*lfords
> plastic one which can't run more than about 30psi. Thinking of a sturdy
> aluminium one which *could* be pressed into service for <ahem> self-
> defence purposes. Anyone got any recommendations?
>
>> Chris Bardell

> [Remove favourite mode of transport from email address]


Innovations road Air - quite happy to pump up to 120psi. Fits on bottle
bosses.

Julia