Munda Biddi

gumby

Guest
I am trying to find an easy two day section of the Munda Biddi. The
group will be travelling with a ten year old, so EASY is the word.
Checking out the profile on the MB maps, the section north from
Jarrahdale to Brookton Hwy ~55km looks the easiest section of the ride.
Has anyone done this section and could post a comment or could they
recommend alternatives routes/sections of the track?
Steven

gumby wrote:
> I am trying to find an easy two day section of the Munda Biddi. The
> group will be travelling with a ten year old, so EASY is the word.
> Checking out the profile on the MB maps, the section north from
> Jarrahdale to Brookton Hwy ~55km looks the easiest section of the ride.
> Has anyone done this section and could post a comment or could they
> recommend alternatives routes/sections of the track?
> Steven

I have a GPS altitude graph of the lower section, starting from Logue
Brook Dam and finishing at Collie. Email me your address.

Marty

"gumby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I am trying to find an easy two day section of the Munda Biddi. The
> group will be travelling with a ten year old, so EASY is the word.
> Checking out the profile on the MB maps, the section north from
> Jarrahdale to Brookton Hwy ~55km looks the easiest section of the ride.
> Has anyone done this section and could post a comment or could they
> recommend alternatives routes/sections of the track?
> Steven

I've done Jarrahdale to Balmoral and return with my son - it's generally
regarded as a beginner section of the track so I don't think you will have
any problems here. Also done Gleneagle to Balmoral return which again is a
fairly easy ride. I'd be surprised if this whole section of the track caused
you too much trouble. My son has done north from Gleneagle and said it was a
bit more challenging.

You'll love the track if this is your first outing on it - fantastic
resource for WA bikers.

BTW there's an organised ride on Sunday from Dwellingup catering for all
experience levels. details here (scroll down a bit):

http://www.mundabiddi.org.au/news/main.html

Peter S