Muni day 29/05/04 (uk)

Joemc

Guest
It's time to arrange a day of group muni, and to coax out
all the local-ish (UK - Midlands) riders.

Who's interested in coming along?

On Saturday 29th Way at the Wyre Forest, nr Kidderminster.
Meeting up at the visitor centre at, say, 10 am for a day of
riding, pub visiting and general larking about.

There's everything from a wheelchair friendly trail to
steeps you can barely walk down. Distance / level of
difficulty / no. of 'rides' to be decided based on who's
interested and what they want.

There will be a family friendly ride, maybe with extra loops
off around the more demanding bits of singletrack for those
who want (or need!)
it.

Shout up if you're interested :)

--
joemc - borderline sociopath
joemc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3389

Hey Jo, i'd really like to meet up with you. I live in Canada but i'm
going to be visiting family and friends from May 18th to June 1st.
Unfortunateley i won't have my uni with me unless you have a spare. Let
me know if this is possible or if not give me the details for sure when
you are going meet up, cheers.:)

--
marty - Ex Trackie
marty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6383

"How far is Kidderminster from Leicester? If it's easily
accessible by train I'm interested! Is it muni muni or
29er suited?"

A 6.45 train from Leicester gets to Kidderminster at 9.30,
according to the rail networks website.It shouldn't be a
problem getting you picked up from the station. Should be
fine on either muni or 29, weather depending a slick tyre
may be a bit of a handicap.

"Hey Jo, i'd really like to meet up with you. I live in
Canada but i'm going to be visiting family and friends from
May 18th to June 1st. Unfortunateley i won't have my uni
with me unless you have a spare. Let me know if this is
possible or if not give me the details for sure when you are
going meet up.."

I've only got a 20" trials apart fom my muni, but one of the
others should be able to bring something more suitable
along. I'll ask around...

--
joemc - borderline sociopath
joemc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3389

Sounds cool, but where is Kidderminster? How far do you
reckon it is from Glasgow?

I can probably afford the train fare but I won't be able to
afford accomodation so if someone can give me a floor/couch
to crash on I'll come down for it.

T.

--

And I haven't lost a wheel either!
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

DarkTom wrote:
> *Sounds cool, but where is Kidderminster? How far do you
> reckon it is from Glasgow?
>
> I can probably afford the train fare but I won't be able
> to afford accomodation so if someone can give me a
> floor/couch to crash on I'll come down for it.
>
> T. *

Kidderminster is 20 miles south west of Birmingham, it's
where BUC / unimeets were last year. It's got to be at least
250 miles from Glasgow. If you're keen to come you can doss
on our sofa.

--
joemc - borderline sociopath
joemc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3389

Cheers, man. Thats totally decent of you, but after I
posted that post I went to the train time website and it'll
take 7 hours to get there so I'll leave it for this time.
Next time tho!

Thanks again for your offer of the couch!.

T.

--

And I haven't lost a wheel either!
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

Put me down as a maybe. If I do make it, I can bring a 24
with some limited off road capability as a spare.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

Some days you're the fly; some days you're the windscreen. When you're
the fly, you get to eat sh*t.

This muni day is the result of myself and Steve thinking it
would be fun to see how many others we can get to come
riding with us. Judging from responses thus far, either the
3 weeks notice is a bit short, or the bank holiday weekend
is a bit inconvenient. Not to worry, should be fun for those
that can make it. Perhaps I'll try a Sunday for the next
one, say mid-July (if the redbull is not fatal!)..?

--

joemc wrote:
> *Judging from responses thus far, either the 3 weeks
> notice is a bit short, or the bank holiday weekend is a
> bit inconvenient.*

Maybe it's because you're a "borderline sociopath". ;-)

I'd usually be up for a muni ride but weekends aren't good
for me at the moment.

Regards, Mark.

--
markw - Frustrated RSU Emailer
markw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5704

ditto, I've got exams for the rest of this months, and most
of next month. if it were a month or so later I'd definitely
be interested

--
theamazingmolio - A Unicylist, a juggler, and a prat

Luke Duller ([email protected])
Never trust anything you read on the internet
theamazingmolio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5931

So how many people are going to this meet then? If there's a
fair few, I'll do my best to make it!

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"In conclusion, unicycle... or perish. Because in the real world, you
don't have time to think about a second wheel"
-Zach_Jucha
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *So how many people are going to this meet then? If
> there's a fair few, I'll do my best to make it! *

It looks to be 7 or 8 so far, including kids. I expect it to
be 'recreational' rather than 'flat out'. My mob. is
07980921727 if anyone needs it. I'll be there at 10am or
thereabouts, and I'll have a spare 20" trials with me.

--
joemc - mostly harmless
joemc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3389