MUni mount?

surndr

Guest
I am learning to muni and so far my only trouble has been getting on. I
know how to freemount so that is what i am doing but it is not working
so good. what mounts have you guys found to be the best? or is this
just one of those practice things :rolleyes: any help will be nice
thanks:)

--
surndr

I have a blog good luck

am I supposed to say something amazing here ?

gettting on with no back pedal. you dont hit rocks or roots behind you.
similar to rolling i think

--
vanpaun

Getting good is'nt about wanting it, needing it, paying for it; its
about commiting to it. Sure, you may be able to n-spin, flip, drop; but
will you stick with it, live for it, go through pain for it. If not,
your not good. Your wasted effort.

I learned the jump mount specifically for mounting in tight areas on
trails. Keep the pedals at 9 and 3, jump on and start hopping till
you're stable, then take off...

--
gnonim

I found the rolling mount the most useful in less extreme
terrain.Typically I might upd on some rocky section and manage to land
into a walk and grab the seat,swing the muni back in front and do a
rolling mount when your timing is right.If you dont get the rolling
mount first time round try again the whole time walking forward.I ride
muni with a mountain biker often and remounting caused my friend to
have to stop and wait for me.With the rolling mount you can upd and
remount with minimal loss of progress.

--
dangerdog

once I was young and stupid....that was some time ago

"direct mount" by keeping pedals horizontal, then some hopping to spot
the next path and go! using rolling mount also but only when trail is
smooth or up (not mastering freemount when trail is going up :( )

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity

i usually roll back slightly, but this relies on you finding a nice flat
spot. The step-up, and jump mounts are better in really tight spots.
While on a steep uphill it may be easier to mount facing downhill and
then turn back uphill once riding.

--
kington99

Dave

gnonim wrote:
> I learned the jump mount specifically for mounting in tight areas on
> trails. Keep the pedals at 9 and 3, jump on and start hopping till
> you're stable, then take off...

+1
yeah, seems to work the best for me on uneven terrain or uphills, i can
usually just mount and ride away w/o any hopping at all. it is the only
mount where i am instantly stable, and can just ride away.

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.

Static mount...I guess?
1) Ensure cranks are roughly horizontal

2) Place foot on the back pedal, but very, very lightly w/ very little
pressure on the pedal.

3) Place seat between your legs (as far as practical depending on seat
height)

4) With all your weight balanced on the leg still on the ground sort of
push/hop off that leg with most of your weight transfering to the seat
as you come onto the unicycle (again remember keep the pressure on the
back foot light!) and your front foot should now come into contact with
the front pedal.

5) If you've done it right you've done a "static" mount of your
unicycle i.e. the wheel should not have rolled backward or forward and
now you can hop to stabilize or just ride off...

I think this is the Static mount, though I'm not sure, at any rate
this is the first mount I learned and all I usually do, especially
off-road. The beauty is that it works great for mounting skinnies,
mounting uphill and anywhere you can't afford the wheel to roll as you
mount (like most places you find yourself when riding trails!).

Good Luck!

--
MuniSano