Municipal campsites in France?

Terry Morse

Guest
We're heading over to France in a few weeks and have booked reservations at a municipal camsite in
Allemont, near l'Bourg d'Oisans. I haven't been able to find out much about the amenities at this
campsite. Specifically, I'm wondering if municipal campsites typically have shower facilities, since
a hot shower after a long day in the saddle will be essential.

Communication with the campground is proving difficult. Does anyone know if municipal campgrounds in
France typically have showers?

Thanks.

Terry Morse <[email protected]> writes:

[...]

> Communication with the campground is proving difficult. Does anyone know if municipal campgrounds
> in France typically have showers?

I've spent quite some time touring in France by bike and all the campsites I went to, municipal or
not, had a shower. Some campsites do not charge for showers, others do by selling shower tokens.

Anyways, the answer to your question is almost certainly yes.

Michel.

In article <[email protected]>,
Michel Schinz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Terry Morse <[email protected]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Communication with the campground is proving difficult. Does anyone know if municipal
> > campgrounds in France typically have showers?
>
> I've spent quite some time touring in France by bike and all the campsites I went to, municipal or
> not, had a shower. Some campsites do not charge for showers, others do by selling shower tokens.
>
> Anyways, the answer to your question is almost certainly yes.

"Municipal" is not a comfort classification, but just a matter of who owns and runs the
campground. The prestation level is indicated by stars. Some municipal campgrounds are 4 stars,
year-long opened ground with luxury amenities; others are 1 star, school-holiday opened,
minimal comfort.

Very often in villages out tourist areas, the sport park (ie, football (oops, soccer:) field) is
transformed into a municipal campground in July-August. So, you get hot showers.

If your mail me the precise address of the campground, I can look upo my guide and see
what it says.

Jean-Pierre

Go to

www.campingfrance.com

then choose the region (Rhone-Alps) on the map. then you get 2 drop down menus of all towns in the
region w/ camping sites. from the lower one, choose your location (Allemond) it will show three
listings, yours (Municipal) is shown on top, you can click on that for more details.

"Terry Morse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> We're heading over to France in a few weeks and have booked reservations at a municipal camsite in
> Allemont, near l'Bourg d'Oisans. I haven't been able to find out much about the amenities at this
> campsite. Specifically, I'm wondering if municipal campsites typically have shower facilities,
> since a hot shower after a long day in the saddle will be essential.
>
> Communication with the campground is proving difficult. Does anyone know if municipal campgrounds
> in France typically have showers?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/

> Go to
>
> www.campingfrance.com
>
> then choose the region (Rhone-Alps) on the map. then you get 2 drop down menus of all towns in the
> region w/ camping sites. from the lower one, choose your location (Allemond) it will show three
> listings, yours (Municipal) is shown on top, you can click on that for more details.

Thanks, I found it.