Murcia stage 3 results

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Trg, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Trg

    Trg Guest

    1) Max Van Heeswijk (USPSPBBF)
    2) Erik Zabel(T-Mobile)
    3) Peter Wrolich (Gerolsteiner)

    Tags:

  2. Peter Allen

    Peter Allen Guest

  3. Trg

    Trg Guest

    Peter Allen wrote:
    > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> 1) Max Van Heeswijk (USPSPBBF)
    >> 2) Erik Zabel(T-Mobile)
    >> 3) Peter Wrolich (Gerolsteiner)
    >
    > there, that's better now

    No, actually that's worse. The unwritten R.B.R ettiquete is
    to never announce the results in the header. It seriously
    pisses off some folks who have taped the race and want to
    watch it later. They'll call you all sorts of names and sick
    the spambots on you (Voice of experience here.)

    You've been duly warned. :(

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    trg wrote:
    > Peter Allen wrote:
    >> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> 1) Max Van Heeswijk (USPSPBBF)
    >>> 2) Erik Zabel(T-Mobile)
    >>> 3) Peter Wrolich (Gerolsteiner)
    >>
    >> there, that's better now
    >
    > No, actually that's worse. The unwritten R.B.R ettiquete
    > is to never announce the results in the header. It
    > seriously pisses off some folks who have taped the race
    > and want to watch it later. They'll call you all sorts
    > of names and sick the spambots on you (Voice of
    > experience here.)
    >
    > You've been duly warned. :(

    I'm an agnostic on the race-results-in-headers thing. There
    is no unwritten etiquette on this issue -- what there *is*
    is complaining by the people who don't like it, and who
    would like everyone else to believe that there is an
    unwritten etiquette.

  5. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I'm an agnostic on the race-results-in-headers thing.
    > There is no unwritten etiquette on this issue -- what
    > there *is* is complaining by the people who don't like it,
    > and who would like everyone else to believe that there is
    > an unwritten etiquette.

    Actually, because of the is complaining by the people who
    don't like it, the official RBR etiquette is to put the
    podium in the message header.

    NS

  6. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Nev Shea wrote:

    > Actually, because of the is complaining by the people who
    > don't like it, the official RBR etiquette is to put the
    > podium in the message header.

    I stand corrected.

  7. "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Peter Allen wrote:
    > > "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >> 1) Max Van Heeswijk (USPSPBBF)
    > >> 2) Erik Zabel(T-Mobile)
    > >> 3) Peter Wrolich (Gerolsteiner)
    > >
    > > there, that's better now
    >
    > No, actually that's worse. The unwritten R.B.R ettiquete
    > is to never announce the results in the header. It
    > seriously pisses off some folks who have taped the race
    > and want to watch it later. They'll call you all sorts
    > of names and sick the spambots on you (Voice of
    > experience here.)
    >
    > You've been duly warned. :(

    It'll piss of about 10 guys and big deal...piss 'em off.
    Nobody who matters truly gives a shit whether the results
    are there or not. If I had nothing else to do, I'd post
    results in the header every chance I got!