Murray2 Moyne - Help!

rooman

Mar 11, 2005
A bicycle trailer is urgently required on loan to Sandringham & District Memorial Hospital & Pink Inc Ladies Cycling Team who are collaborating to participate in the Murray to Moyne Cycle relay event to be held on Mar 24 and 25, 2007.

A loan trailer suitable for support ( registered and roadworthy) is sought urgently. The group doesnt have funds to make or buy a trailer and if someone has one which can be lent for the period that would be a great help.

Hospital staff friends and family are working together to take the team to Mildura to cycle the 520klms to Port Fairy. Support crews, transport and accommodation are being arranged and Sandringham Hospital is covering all rider's entry fees.

Sponsor's are sought to contribute funds which will be directed towards womens health Bayside and new special care nursery in the maternity department. Sponsors will have the opportunity to promote themselves in the Sandringham Hospital Newsletter - "Bayside Breeze", on the hospital website and significant sponsors may also be given the opportunity for access to the Hospitals 600 staff, the Hospital's Public Affairs Unit is also making approaches to local media and radio.

Primary needs are:

1. Bicycle Trailer- on loan ( registered and roadworthy)
  2. Accommodation for the Team in Hamilton ( large house, B&B, Hotel or similar) on night of 24th
  3. Donations from supporters.
Sandringham is the primary facility for first call for all Beach Road riders and is located on Bluff Road off Beach Road. If you ride Beach Rd, you will either have been or will be be a patient or know someone who has or will be a patient of Sandringham and this wonderful hospital is deserving of your consideration.

Contact at Sandringham Hospital for Donations, trailer loan offer or accommodation in Hamilton please contact Jodie Coombes 03 9921 1488 (Sandringham Hospital.

Please help:-
http://www.sdmh.org.au/
http://www.murraytomoyne.com.au/

This is a worthy cycling related event and part of Australia and Victoria's community activities of note that add value to our communities and the spirit of cycling...I encourage your help and hope you can do so in some small or large way.

for more details ask here or please send me a private message.

cheers Roo

anyone...anyone....?

anyone got a trailer or know someone with a trailer they could lend or don't want... I'll even buy it and donate to Sandy Hospital...

anyone?

rooman said:
anyone...anyone....?

anyone got a trailer or know someone with a trailer they could lend or don't want... I'll even buy it and donate to Sandy Hospital...

anyone?

when you say 'trailer' you talking 'take roobeesh to tip' type trailer
(i got one you can use...) or bike specific one? :rolleyes:
cfsmtb knows a council with a multi-bike-specific trailer... :D

Roo, maybe try Warren Cay at BikeNow in South Melbourne...he has a couple of huge 'bike specific' trailers that he my be able to lend....not sure of the number...maybe try the shop Monday morning. Good luck!

ACP said:
Roo, maybe try Warren Cay at BikeNow in South Melbourne...he has a couple of huge 'bike specific' trailers that he my be able to lend....not sure of the number...maybe try the shop Monday morning. Good luck!
ACP said:
FD, ACP, thx..yeah a bike specific needed to trail the bikes while riders rest...its a relay ride so not all the team on the road at same time and bikes have to be in a trailer for access and repair access etc at stops ....

will talk to Warren, likely though that the available ones in Vic are committed already, but we will see...

cheers

all suggestions appreciated

plus donations to hospital ......and if you have a relo, friend or acquaintance in Hamilton with a big house ( mansion?) farm etc close in to town, who would welcome 7 or 8 medical staff for a night that would be also welcome...they like red wine too, the odd port and sweet and stickies, oh and ambers are also known to pass the palate...but they do BYO...

:)

ACP said:
...bike transport secured!!!! ( yayyyyy!!)...THANK YOU Folks for your help....yes we have an offer of a superb conveyance that will do the deed...and "thanks", will in the appropriate way, be given to the philanthropist concerned...

S&DH does need donations and some accommodation in Hamilton (night of the 24th Mar)...a big barn, ( a manger?)...a mansion ( haunted is fine) or a farm house ( and the menagerie)... all help will be acknowledged and your next unexpected visit to Sandy Hospital just may get more than the usual high standard of first class care....

( if its a farm , I will donate to the farmer a $300 animal nutrient supplement supply- suitable for cattle, sheep, chickens , horses, emus, alpaca, goats, dogs, husbands and ailing swamp buffalo-anything around a farm that breathes and re-produces, bellows, needs fat, gives milk, eggs or poops)

Donations , (small, large, magnanimous) offers of negotiable security in the form of currency of any nation ( still in existence) - roo bucks preferred but we are not fussy when it comes to cash,cheques and promissory notes- please call Sandy & District Hospital and speak with Jodie Coombes on 03 9921 1488

If you want to express your donation to me, ( here, private message, over a java at Kennedy's Cafe, or at Odo, please let me know) , I will pass on your details to Jodie and Dr Bernie ( who rides more K's than many of us put together, and she is petite and gentle :) )

Kennedy's also have a M2M S&DH/PinkInc Donation sheet you may subscribe to at their coffee counter, ask Jacinta or Trish for a pen and press hard....

muchos gracias