muscle build

Great sources, I've been enlightened. Some direct quotes from your buddy. "To put on muscle you're going to have to put on some fat" and
"Their caloric intake is too high over their maintenance level and they use the gain weight at all costs philosophy. This is great, right? Not really, for even though you put on a lot of weight, you'll lose a lot of muscle trying to cut it off once you diet since you'll have to diet more aggressively for a longer period of time"

Felt_Rider said:
That is only applicable to individual genetics as to how their body composition will respond.
That is the problem amongst many low level gym/fitness trainers.

They have a template that they apply to everyone and then they cannot figure why their client isn't responding. Some will respond because they just happen to fit the mold of the template.

I do not train or setup dietary intake for an ectomorph the same as an endomorph even if both have similar goals.
Agreed - It all depends on how easily someone puts on weight.
I get fat very easily (endomorph) so i cant go too much above my maintenance level. But then again, i find that i dont have to.
I put on lean mass just fine at 2400 cal/day.

But my dad can consume 3500 calories a day and actually lose weight (he's an ectomorph)
So you're right, it depends on the person.

There's enough info here, so i think im done with this thread :) (I've debated this stuff enough for 1 lifetime)

discobean7 said:
Great sources, I've been enlightened. Some direct quotes from your buddy. "To put on muscle you're going to have to put on some fat" and
"Their caloric intake is too high over their maintenance level and they use the gain weight at all costs philosophy. This is great, right? Not really, for even though you put on a lot of weight, you'll lose a lot of muscle trying to cut it off once you diet since you'll have to diet more aggressively for a longer period of time"
For competitive bodybuilding that is pretty much it in a nutshell :)
But there is a vast range between being fit and the extreme of bodybuilding.

One can add muscle at a more slow pace over years of time or again if they are genetically blessed they have the propensity to gain quickly regardless of what they seem to do.

wh0areume said:
There's enough info here, so i think im done with this thread :)
Me too :)......I am here trying to learn about cycling as I already know enough about adding mass.

So I take my fitness cap off and put on my rookie cycling cap back on and go back to learning mode.

wh0areume said:
Also make sure you get approx 50g-60g fat per day to keep your hormone levels up
Wh0areume,
Teach me about fat consumption. Is it a mininun of 50-60g or is it a min 50 max 60.
What are the pro's and con's of low/med/high fat consumption.
confused.gif

mikesbytes said:
Wh0areume,
Teach me about fat consumption. Is it a mininun of 50-60g or is it a min 50 max 60.
What are the pro's and con's of low/med/high fat consumption.
confused.gif
It all depends on your current stats (weight/height/current_bodyfat_%)
The truth is, i dont know.

When trying to add mass, and my carbs are higher than normal, I like to keep my daily fat intake at 20% of my calories.
This is just what i've found works well for me.

[IMO:)] If a person went with a high fat consumption, then said person would normally lower their carb intake and up their protein intake. If a person ups their carb intake, they can lower their protein and fat intake.

I am around 20% +/- with using EFA's, MCT's and a minimal amount from animal fat.