Muscle growth enhancment question

On Fri, 23 May 2003 13:13:31 GMT, NS> wrote:
>There are no jobs here. Thanks to the republican...

Something economics. Anyone? Anyone? Something-D-O-O economics. Anyone? Voodoo economics.

> Part of my problem on Protein intake is that I am a Vegetarian. I do eat Tofu like it's going out
> of style.

Just because you're a vegetarian doesn't automatically qualify you for a protein intake problem.
Lentils and rice, pasta sauce with TVP, soy milk are all great sources of protein. Unless you're
vegan, milk and eggs are also good. Don't believe the hype. Eaters of flesh consume far more protein
than they need. The protein needs of vegetarians are adequately met with balanced diet.

"NS>" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
> There are no jobs here. Thanks to the republican voodoo economics.

Thanks to the stock market bubble.

A lot of money went into the dot coms, most of whom never produced profit.

If there is a lot of capital investment with no profit (in some cases, no revenue at all) to be
shown, those resources have essentially gone up in smoke. The Piper has to be paid and the economy
is paying him.

The only thing voodoo about what W. Bush is doing is tax cuts to benefit the wealthy being promoted
as otherwise. The bulk of those tax cuts haven't even kicked in yet.

> Not really true, the percentage of fat burned goes down but total fat
burned
> increases.

You might be right, but try it out. In basic level training I come close to 50% fat burning. My
personal results as follows:
A) 1:40 min basic level training, total abt. 1000 kcal, 45% fat = 450 kcal
B) 1:40 min racing, total abt. 2000 kcal, 15% fat =300 kcal At least what indicates my Polar M52.
The basic level I could even hold on for another 2 hours but racing with full power surely not.
And a "racing style" training won't do to much good for health and body. BTW the 1700 kcal not
burning from fat should be eaten, besides the ratio of abt. 2000 kcal what average body needs. In
case A) need to eat only 550 kcal more. Kay

"Kay Thuernagel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Not really true, the percentage of fat burned goes down but total fat
> burned
> > increases.
>
> You might be right, but try it out. In basic level training I come close to 50% fat burning. My
> personal
results
> as follows:
> A) 1:40 min basic level training, total abt. 1000 kcal, 45% fat = 450 kcal
> B) 1:40 min racing, total abt. 2000 kcal, 15% fat =300 kcal At least what indicates my Polar M52.

I wonder what the accuracy of the Polar devices are?

> The basic level I could even hold on for another 2 hours but racing with full power surely not.
> And a "racing style" training won't do to much good for health and body.

Probably just get you in the best physical shape of your life, lower your weight, percentage of body
fat, lower blood lipids, blood pressure, strengthen you heart, etc.

The latest Surgeon General's report boils down to: The more intense the exercise, the better it
is for you.

Hawke

>BTW the 1700 kcal not burning from fat should be eaten, besides the ratio of abt. 2000 kcal what
>average body needs. In case A)
need

"Hawke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:7KUza.1010331$S_4.1022366@rwcrnsc53...
> I wonder what the accuracy of the Polar devices are?

heartbeat rate during exercise. Results compared checks in trials with several thousands of
americans. Total accuracy is not so important. Just wanted to show the relation between the
different kind of exersices BASIC and HARD CORE.

> The latest Surgeon General's report boils down to: The more intense the exercise, the better it is
> for you.

INTENSE should be defined more in detail. The higher power output (give all you can) during training
the better results, I do not agree. Every year in with begin of the season you can find in road
biking magazines tips for training up to complete training schedules. And they describe it in the
way I wrote. Kay

"Kay Thuernagel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Hawke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:7KUza.1010331$S_4.1022366@rwcrnsc53...
> > I wonder what the accuracy of the Polar devices are?

> heartbeat rate during exercise. Results compared checks in trials with several thousands of
> americans. Total accuracy is not so important. Just wanted to show the relation between the
> different kind of exersices BASIC and HARD CORE.

The differences between high and low energy workouts is as I stated: "You burn a higher percentage
of fat at lower exercise levels but burn more total fat at higher exercise levels.

There is no easy way to lose weight, hard work is the only way if you want to keep it off
and be fit.

> > The latest Surgeon General's report boils down to: The more intense the exercise, the better it
> > is for you.
>
> INTENSE should be defined more in detail. The higher power output (give
all
> you can) during training the better results, I do not agree. Every year in with begin of the
> season you can find in road biking magazines tips for training up to complete training schedules.
> And they describe it in the
way
> I wrote. Kay

Sure the bicycling magazines tout their training programs and they attempt to keep them within the
capabilities of most couch potatoes, which is their primary readership base.

A person that is not in good physical condition needs to start out slowly and work up to more
intense workouts. Which is what the bicycling magazine programs do.

But to continue to get fitter, lose weight, benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep
the weight off, at least an hour a day minimum, 5 days a week of 85 - 95% max heart rate activity
is required.

It is a lot of hard work and requires dedication, but their is no easy way to be fit throughout
your life.

Hawke

Hawke or Dashi Toshii <[email protected]> wrote:

> A person that is not in good physical condition needs to start out slowly and work up to more
> intense workouts. Which is what the bicycling magazine programs do.

> But to continue to get fitter, lose weight, benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep
> the weight off, at least an hour a day minimum, 5 days a week of 85 - 95% max heart rate activity
> is required.

Whoa there cowboy. Intensity is good, but that is 5 days of 1 hour riding at threshold. Basically 5
days of 1 hour time trials. Maybe a little _too_ intense. For example, if your max HR was 190 that
would be riding around 170 (162-180 range) steady for an hour five days a week. Presumably overkill
even for racing training; definitely not a minimum requirement for losing weight.

> It is a lot of hard work and requires dedication, but their is no easy way to be fit throughout
> your life.

> Hawke

BTW, Sparhawk, Hawke, Toshi, why do you keep changing your nym when your writing style is so easily
identifiable? Not to mention using one screen name and signing with another, like this post.

Benjamin Weiner wrote:
> Hawke or Dashi Toshii <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>A person that is not in good physical condition needs to start out slowly and work up to more
>>intense workouts. Which is what the bicycling magazine programs do.
>

>>But to continue to get fitter, lose weight, benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep
>>the weight off, at least an hour a day minimum, 5 days a week of 85 - 95% max heart rate activity
>>is required.
>

> Whoa there cowboy. Intensity is good, but that is 5 days of 1 hour riding at threshold. Basically
> 5 days of 1 hour time trials. Maybe a little _too_ intense. For example, if your max HR was 190
> that would be riding around 170 (162-180 range) steady for an hour five days a week. Presumably
> overkill even for racing training; definitely not a minimum requirement for losing weight.

It is excessive, but not necessarily at lactate threshold, which varies based on conditioning.

>>It is a lot of hard work and requires dedication, but their is no easy way to be fit throughout
>>your life.

Sure there is. Just grow to enjoy exercise and/or hard work. Takes most of the "hard" part
out of it.

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hawke or Dashi Toshii <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > A person that is not in good physical condition needs to start out
slowly
> > and work up to more intense workouts. Which is what the bicycling
magazine
> > programs do.
>
> > But to continue to get fitter, lose weight, benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system,
> > keep the weight off, at least an hour a day minimum, 5 days a week of 85 - 95% max heart rate
> > activity is required.
>
> Whoa there cowboy. Intensity is good, but that is 5 days of 1 hour riding at threshold. Basically
> 5 days of 1 hour time trials. Maybe a little _too_ intense. For example, if your max HR was 190
> that would be riding around 170 (162-180 range) steady for an hour five days a week. Presumably
> overkill even for racing training; definitely not a minimum requirement for losing weight.

Racers train for up to 6 hours per day, one hour at LT is not too much.

> > It is a lot of hard work and requires dedication, but their is no easy
way
> > to be fit throughout your life.
>
> > Hawke
>
> BTW, Sparhawk, Hawke, Toshi, why do you keep changing your nym when your writing style is so
> easily identifiable? Not to mention using one screen name and signing with another, like
> this post.

Because I can!

Dashi

"Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Benjamin Weiner wrote:
> > Hawke or Dashi Toshii <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >>A person that is not in good physical condition needs to start out
slowly
> >>and work up to more intense workouts. Which is what the bicycling
magazine
> >>programs do.
> >

> >>But to continue to get fitter, lose weight, benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system,
> >>keep the weight off, at least an hour a day minimum, 5 days a week of 85 - 95% max heart rate
> >>activity is required.
> >

> > Whoa there cowboy. Intensity is good, but that is 5 days of 1 hour riding at threshold.
> > Basically 5 days of 1 hour time trials. Maybe a little _too_ intense. For example, if your max
> > HR was 190 that would be riding around 170 (162-180 range) steady for an hour five days a
week.
> > Presumably overkill even for racing training; definitely not a minimum requirement for losing
> > weight.
>
> It is excessive, but not necessarily at lactate threshold, which varies based on conditioning.
>
> >>It is a lot of hard work and requires dedication, but their is no easy
way
> >>to be fit throughout your life.
>
> Sure there is. Just grow to enjoy exercise and/or hard work. Takes most of the "hard" part
> out of it.

I do, there is almost nothing that I enjoy more, still hard work through.

Dashi

In article <[email protected]>, Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:

> Benjamin Weiner wrote:
> > Hawke or Dashi Toshii <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>It is a lot of hard work and requires dedication, but their is no easy way to be fit throughout
> >>your life.
>
> Sure there is. Just grow to enjoy exercise and/or hard work. Takes most of the "hard" part
> out of it.

Exactly. Life without exercise? Now that would be hard.

-WG

Dashi Toshii wrote:
> "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Hawke or Dashi Toshii <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>A person that is not in good physical condition needs to start out
>>
> slowly
>
>>>and work up to more intense workouts. Which is what the bicycling
>>
> magazine
>
>>>programs do.
>>
>>>But to continue to get fitter, lose weight, benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep
>>>the weight off, at least an hour a day minimum, 5 days a week of 85 - 95% max heart rate activity
>>>is required.
>>
>>Whoa there cowboy. Intensity is good, but that is 5 days of 1 hour riding at threshold. Basically
>>5 days of 1 hour time trials. Maybe a little _too_ intense. For example, if your max HR was 190
>>that would be riding around 170 (162-180 range) steady for an hour five days a week. Presumably
>>overkill even for racing training; definitely not a minimum requirement for losing weight.
>

> Racers train for up to 6 hours per day, one hour at LT is not too much.

For a racer or other competitive athletes. For those merely wishing "to get fitter, lose weight,
benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep the weight off," more intense and/or longer
duration exercise is not necessary. Except perhaps for the "to get fitter" part.

Dashi Toshii wrote:
> "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Benjamin Weiner wrote:

> way

>>Sure there is. Just grow to enjoy exercise and/or hard work. Takes most of the "hard" part
>>out of it.
>

> I do, there is almost nothing that I enjoy more, still hard work through.
>
> Dashi

The key to enjoying a high level of fitness is to find an activity that you enjoy doing. I've
realized over recent years that I simply enjoy playing or working hard. I like so many activities
that it can't be just the activities themselves I enjoy.

"Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dashi Toshii wrote:

> > slowly

> > magazine

> >>Whoa there cowboy. Intensity is good, but that is 5 days of 1 hour riding at threshold.
> >>Basically 5 days of 1 hour time trials. Maybe a little _too_ intense. For example, if your max
> >>HR was 190 that would be riding around 170 (162-180 range) steady for an hour five days a
week.
> >>Presumably overkill even for racing training; definitely not a minimum requirement for losing
> >>weight.
> >

> > Racers train for up to 6 hours per day, one hour at LT is not too much.
>
> For a racer or other competitive athletes. For those merely wishing "to get fitter, lose weight,
> benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep the weight off," more intense and/or longer
> duration exercise is not necessary. Except perhaps for the "to get fitter" part.

Not really true according to the latest report that I read, can't find it now so I can't quote it.

Basically what it said was: "That the previously recommended 30 minute 3 times a week exercise
program is good to get you started but to realize health benefits, such as permanent weight loss,
lower blood pressure, healthy cardiorespiratory system, etc., you will need to exercise at a level
that makes your heart "race" for 1 hour 5 times a week". They called this "intense" exercise.

I'll see if I can find the article.

Dashii

Dashi Toshii wrote:
> "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Dashi Toshii wrote:

>>>Racers train for up to 6 hours per day, one hour at LT is not too much.
>>
>>For a racer or other competitive athletes. For those merely wishing "to get fitter, lose weight,
>>benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep the weight off," more intense and/or longer
>>duration exercise is not necessary. Except perhaps for the "to get fitter" part.
>

> Not really true according to the latest report that I read, can't find it now so I can't quote it.
>
> Basically what it said was: "That the previously recommended 30 minute 3 times a week exercise
> program is good to get you started but to realize health benefits, such as permanent weight loss,
> lower blood pressure, healthy cardiorespiratory system, etc., you will need to exercise at a level
> that makes your heart "race" for 1 hour 5 times a week". They called this "intense" exercise.
>
> I'll see if I can find the article.
>
> Dashii

I'll be interested to see it. I agree that 30X3 low intensity is more wishful thinking by the
proponents and their victims, but what do they mean by your heart "racing?"

"Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dashi Toshii wrote:
> > "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >>For a racer or other competitive athletes. For those merely wishing "to get fitter, lose weight,
> >>benefit the heart, and cardiorespiratory system, keep the weight off," more intense and/or
> >>longer duration exercise is not necessary. Except perhaps for the "to get fitter" part.
> >

> > Not really true according to the latest report that I read, can't find
it
> > now so I can't quote it.
> >
> > Basically what it said was: "That the previously recommended 30 minute 3 times a week
> > exercise program is good to get you started but to realize health benefits, such as permanent
> > weight loss, lower blood pressure, healthy cardiorespiratory system, etc., you will need to
> > exercise at a
level
> > that makes your heart "race" for 1 hour 5 times a week". They called
this
> > "intense" exercise.
> >
> > I'll see if I can find the article.
> >
> > Dashii
>
> I'll be interested to see it. I agree that 30X3 low intensity is more wishful thinking by the
> proponents and their victims, but what do they mean by your heart "racing?"

It looks like the newspaper took some liberties with or received seperate information about the
Surgeon General's report other than I have been able to find.

But here is a start:

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/sgr/ataglan.htm

Dashii

Dashi Toshii wrote:
> "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>I'll be interested to see it. I agree that 30X3 low intensity is more wishful thinking by the
>>proponents and their victims, but what do they mean by your heart "racing?"
>

> It looks like the newspaper took some liberties with or received seperate information about the
> Surgeon General's report other than I have been able to find.
>
> But here is a start:
>
> http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/sgr/ataglan.htm
>
> Dashii

That's a nice link. Thanks!