Muscle soreness

anderbike

Apr 1, 2005
noticing alot of muscle soreness in the legs lately. i have doing 30-40 mile rides usually daily and varying the intensity, but as of a couple of days ago, and after a rest day, my legs seem shot. Nutrition? More Rest? ramping up to fast?

what could it be?

anderbike said:
noticing alot of muscle soreness in the legs lately. i have doing 30-40 mile rides usually daily and varying the intensity, but as of a couple of days ago, and after a rest day, my legs seem shot. Nutrition? More Rest? ramping up to fast?

what could it be?
id say more rest.ride but make it like an easy,recovery day to keep your stamina/endurance up.it could take more than a day for soreness to go away.

youm0nt said:
id say more rest.ride but make it like an easy,recovery day to keep your stamina/endurance up.it could take more than a day for soreness to go away.
I ride about as much as you (30-40 miles a day) at a good tempo, and I know that I need rest days because I get sore, too. How long have you been riding? I'd like to know the answer to this question, too, because I get sore, too.

I also experience muscle soreness due to daily rides. Stretching and Magnesuim have really helped my muscles relax and lengthen.