Muscles aching before warmed up

ira41

Nov 1, 2012
[COLOR= black]So my weekly average mileage has increased to 150 per week, up from 100 per week last month. I have also adjusted my seat lower by 1cm to help with a functional length discrepancy.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]I list both as they are the only things that have changed in the last several months.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]I notice that the 1st 20-30 minutes into every ride I had aching top inner part of the knee and also where my hamstrings and glutes meet up just under my saddle.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black][/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]The pain isn’t sharp and completely goes away after 20-30 minutes in the saddle, it’s a dull aching in both spots.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]Nearly every fit or riding position has caused me some pain this season. I started with a seat too high causing hip/leg drop and IT band pain on the right side, to minor adjustments causing lower back pain.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]My current position is pain free up to 5 hours (Longest ride this season), except for the 1st 20-30 minutes.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]anyone have any insight or similar experiences?[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black][/COLOR]

Ira-
If I paid any attention to the first 20 minutes of my rides I'd get off the bike and never ride again. Pay attention to how you feel the next day for sure though! If you can ride for 5 hours pain free, I'd say that's good for a guy your age and past training load.
This may be just me, but as I've gotten more fit, I've noticed that I don't even begin to feel fully warmed up for 30-40 min.
Good Luck

Originally Posted by maxroadrash .

Ira-
If I paid any attention to the first 20 minutes of my rides I'd get off the bike and never ride again. Pay attention to how you feel the next day for sure though! If you can ride for 5 hours pain free, I'd say that's good for a guy your age and past training load.
This may be just me, but as I've gotten more fit, I've noticed that I don't even begin to feel fully warmed up for 30-40 min.
Good Luck
That is good to hear, I feel great after 20-30 minutes. its just that initial period, today I went out for 75 minutes and didn't feel it as much.
I'm not going to worry about it unless its a problem after warming up or post ride.