Museeuw goodtalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ewoud Dronkert

"In 2002 I won Paris-Roubaix and Hamburg, now I would like to win Milan-San Remo or Lombardy."
Interview in Italian, including an audioclip with Museeuw talking Italian at
http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/sciclismo/pp_3.0.868893304.html

Google says: To 37 years and after 15 of career, the unequalled Belgian tries to still astonish: "In
2002 I have gained Roubaix and Amburgo, now I would want Sanremo or Lombardy". MILAN, 5 January 2003
- You ask Joahn Museeuw, 37 played years and 15 of career already to the shoulders, when and as he
will decide to leave the cycling, and it answers in the more banal way: "Watching my moglie and my
sons and noticing to me that I do not have more want than to leave them alone house". The unequalled
Belgian is made therefore from always and obviously she does not have some intention to change just
now: little words and many facts. It goes ahead therefore from the 1988, and 11 successes in tests
of Goblet of the World, record between the runners in activity, are the best demonstration of its
ability to remain to highest level for therefore much time continuing to fly low. Museeuw always
leaves again for the ennesima struck of hunting in the exterminated territory of the classic ones
with the ambition: to rivincere where it is already successful, to prevail where up to now it has
failed. The past year has adjudicated two tests of Goblet of the World, like single Bartoli it has
known to make, and of highest profile. It has gained Roubaix and Amburgo, and it has been placed
second in classifies end to the shoulders of Bettini, its new companion of square in the baby Quick
Step-Davitamon. "Every year delivery in order to gain a classic one at least, and if I succeed to us
in one of the 10 tests of Goblet they are more content. Roubaix, Fiandre, Sanremo or Lombardy: they
are these the race in which more than others I can aspire to the happened one. Last the two are not
never successful to center them, but I cannot have regretted after to have gained three Fiandre and
as much Roubaix ". To stop, therefore, not if of it it speaks: "I had decided to close to the end of
the slid season, but the new square gives me ulterior stimuli. I know the owners of the Pharma Omega
well, holders of the Davitamon brand, that they have insistito because you continued and you know
that when lascerò a place in society or flagship is ready for me. And then it appeals to still to
make the life to me of the runner. But I cannot be sure of what I will make between some month: it
can are given that after the classic ones in Belgium, if you had to more notice me not to be to the
height, it decides to withdraw to me ". In square it finds again Paul Bettini, former companion to
the Mapei, from which it has been defeated in the race to the mesh rainbow that rewards the winner
of the Goblet of the World: "With Paul not never they have been problems and not there will be in
future. E' a talent, can gain the every Goblet year, above all goes fort from February to October.
We have worked entirety, I I have helped he and viceversa, we will continue to make it ". Of aid,
also and above all outside from the race, Frank Vandenbroucke will have need also, to the search of
if same. "E' a friend, I want dargli a hand to return what it was, but depends all on he. It must
understand that the life of an athlete is a straight road, instead in last the three years has once
had to right and an other on the left, and it does not go well. It cannot waste its talent with
stupidaggini like that one guiding drunk, because the press does not wait for other in order to put
it in cross. If it is trained well can return that one before, but it must pedalare, rest and living
in family: it is gained alone therefore ".

In article <[email protected]>, myfirstname@xs[four]all.nl wrote:

> "In 2002 I won Paris-Roubaix and Hamburg, now I would like to win Milan-San Remo or Lombardy."
> Interview in Italian, including an audioclip with Museeuw talking Italian at
> http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/sciclismo/pp_3.0.868893304.html
>
> Google says:

> It cannot waste its talent with stupidaggini like that one guiding
> drunk, because the press does not wait for other in order to put it in
> cross. If it is trained well can return that one before, but it must
> pedalare, rest and living in family: it is gained alone therefore ".

I really like that first sentence. I used to think that stupidaggini was an Italian dessert, but now
I know better.

--
tanx, Howard

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

It would warm the heart of one read-headed nutsack from Chambersburg PA to know that 'goodtalk' has
transcended the Atlantic.

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "In 2002 I won Paris-Roubaix and Hamburg, now I would like to win Milan-San Remo or Lombardy."
> Interview in Italian, including an audioclip with Museeuw talking Italian at
> http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/sciclismo/pp_3.0.868893304.html
>
> Google says: To 37 years and after 15 of career, the unequalled Belgian tries to still astonish:
> "In 2002 I have gained Roubaix and Amburgo, now I would want Sanremo or Lombardy".

I think you got it a little bit wrong. Museeuw never said he wants to win Lombardy because he knows
the climbs in it are to long for him. About Milan-Sanremo he allways said he finds it a very
beautiful race but one of the most difficult for him to win. You'll agree if you know that the last
8 years or so the race almost allways ended with a large sprint.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
> Kenny wrote:
> > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> >> "In 2002 I won Paris-Roubaix and Hamburg, now I would like to win Milan-San Remo or Lombardy."
> >> http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/sciclismo/pp_3.0.868893304.html
> >>
> >> Google says: To 37 years and after 15 of career, the unequalled Belgian tries to still
> >> astonish: "In 2002 I have gained Roubaix and Amburgo, now I would want Sanremo or Lombardy".
> >
> > I think you got it a little bit wrong. Museeuw never said he wants to win Lombardy
>
> You think that, or you translate that from the Italian original? I must confess I did not try and
> read the complete article, just skimmed through it. But I think I translated the headline
> correctly. The crucial quote: "Ogni anno parto per vincere almeno una classica, e se ci riesco in
> una delle 10 prove di Coppa sono più contento. Roubaix, Fiandre, Sanremo o Lombardia: sono queste
> le corse in cui più di altre posso aspirare al successo. Le ultime due non sono mai riuscito a
> centrarle, ma non posso avere rimpianti dopo aver vinto tre Fiandre e altrettante Roubaix".
>
> > because he knows the climbs in it are to long for him.
>
> Yes I agree it's very long shot for Museeuw, even more so than Milan-San Remo. But if he thinks he
> can do it, I sure like to see him try.

Tafi won Lombardy and he's certainly no climber!

Status
Not open for further replies.