Museeuw: I'm sorta of a doper

bobke said:
Two questions:
1. Is doping illegal in Belgium?
2. When and why did Tom Boonen move to Monte Carlo? and taxes is off the list of possible answers.

I agree. Boonen's move to Monte Carlo proves he dopes. Any one who thinks otherwise is dumb. On the other hand, the testimony of lying liars like Frankie Andreau and his evil Lance-hating wife, or that awful scumbag Emma O'Reilly, or totally ambiguous text messaging transcripts from Vaughters and Andreau, all that stuff, that doesn't prove anything. Also, I have it on good information that Lance's **** smells like roses.

bobke said:
Two questions:
1. Is doping illegal in Belgium?
2. When and why did Tom Boonen move to Monte Carlo? and taxes is off the list of possible answers.
Bobke... you know, this is funny to me. I would think that -- with OP, Landis, this latest Quick-Step news -- that you or anyone else for that matter would question the accomplishments of any professional cyclist.

They all vehemently deny any drug allegation, except for Museeuw who was only dishonest towards the end of his career. They're saying the same things Armstrong said, using the same arguments.

Don't you see that? You know they all dope, right? It's not possible that some dope and others don't and the ones who are clean beat the ones who are doped. The ones who are clean never beat the ones who are doped. The clean ones race in North American and wear t-shirts that read Dopers Suck.

helmutRoole2 said:
The clean ones race in North American and wear t-shirts that read Dopers Suck.
Uh-oh, this place is whack enough without bringing in The Commander.

This is a nice touch:

"An anonymous team rider reportedly told the newspaper of organized doping and recreational drug use, which he said is able to flourish because the team is helped by informant at the UCI who allegedly warned of impending drug tests."

Serafino said:
This is a nice touch:

"An anonymous team rider reportedly told the newspaper of organized doping and recreational drug use, which he said is able to flourish because the team is helped by informant at the UCI who allegedly warned of impending drug tests."
It's not that surprising. Remember when it was discovered that Armstrong was making "contributions" to WADA. Does anyone really believe he was acting in the interest of a clean sport?

I will say this, Armstrong, though a doper and liar, didn't run around saying everyone else were the dopers, like our boy Lefévère. Armstrong, love him or hate him, absorbed the accusations without pointing the finger at anyone else.

helmutRoole2 said:
Armstrong, love him or hate him, absorbed the accusations without pointing the finger at anyone else.
Though he did blame that Jean-Francois dude for all of his '99 problems. ;)

Three requests:
1. Leave Lance out of the Lefevre mess, as Lance Fluffer number 1 I have to say that.
2. Lefevre is Belgian not French.
3. Bring on the Commander ASAP.

I miss him.

hombredesubaru said:
Three requests:
1. Leave Lance out of the Lefevre mess, as Lance Fluffer number 1 I have to say that.

I miss him.
....and 4. Can Hincapie win the 2007 Tour ?

whiteboytrash said:
....and 4. Can Hincapie win the 2007 Tour ?
Hincapie? Danileson this year, surely? How long has the chubby kid got to wait for the motos and their mobile blood banks?

hombredesubaru said:
Three requests:

I miss him.
Well, we can put a quick - no pun intended - end to this by adopting the Lancer's/l'Equipe strategy:

Het is a tabloid/rag with an agenda. Michialssen is a hack out to get Lefevere/Boonen. The anonymous sources are liars.

OK, story dismissed, move on.

Serafino said:
This is a nice touch:

I wonder which other teams the mole was feeding info to.

wolfix said:
That is good..... I just choked on my Scotch when I read that,......
That was good!

Bring on the **** fight! Hopefully the right people will get fed up and start naming names and providing incriminating evidence. Then all this Uuo-Hah might get someone where useful.

bobke said:
Thank Gosh for that flat tire!!
I was happy when he flatted then and as it was he almost came back.
Because I had already heard he was on the stuff and I recalled how many ridiculous moments there were in the last years, he Mapei sweep, riding Andreu off his wheel 2000 in P-R and on and on.
Goodbye and good riddance.
Lets just hope this is the nail in the coffin for that tool Lefevre as well, who has a habit of speaking out all sides of his egregiously large mouth at once.
Museeuw's wins in the Classics came from a broad number of factors (in addition to the admitted doping).

1. Having a sponsor that lets the team concentrate on the Classics and build a team around that goal. Look at 2001 Paris Roubaix, where the Domo Farm Frites team took 1, 2, 3, and 5 of the top five. 2004 Ghent Wevelgem when most of the finishing 20k was lead by 6 Quick Step Jerseys. (Just ask Hincapie about having a sponsor who doesn't give a toss about the Ronde or Paris Roubaix. Prior to 2006, he's rarely had a teammate to help him out - if you count Hoste's attack as helping him out.)

2. Ability to read a race. Know which breaks to chase, and which to let escape and run out of steam. Know when to work with other teams and when to shut them out.

3. Bike Handling - Whether he was doped to the gills or not, Museeuw and several of his team-mates seemed to fly above the cobbles, and accelerate better in the worst of terrain. It wasn't the racing pigeon EPO that allowed Museeuw to keep his bike upright as he powered through the mud in the 2002 PR.

4. Equipment Prepartion / Luck - Except for JM's untimely flat in 2004 PR, Museeuw's boys whether on Mapei or Domo Farm Frites, or Quick Step have usually been able to avoid untimely punctures and disintegrating steering columns and the like.

I was disappointed to know of Museeuw's charges years ago when they surfaced. His public admission actually gains my respect (as he could have continued to deny). I respect the bitter pill that Museeuw has had to swallow far more than the **** river of denial flowing frombelievetyler.org and flowdfairnessfund.org .

strummer_fan said:
Museeuw's wins in the Classics came from a broad number of factors (in addition to the admitted doping).

1. Having a sponsor that lets the team concentrate on the Classics and build a team around that goal. Look at 2001 Paris Roubaix, where the Domo Farm Frites team took 1, 2, 3, and 5 of the top five. 2004 Ghent Wevelgem when most of the finishing 20k was lead by 6 Quick Step Jerseys. (Just ask Hincapie about having a sponsor who doesn't give a toss about the Ronde or Paris Roubaix. Prior to 2006, he's rarely had a teammate to help him out - if you count Hoste's attack as helping him out.)

2. Ability to read a race. Know which breaks to chase, and which to let escape and run out of steam. Know when to work with other teams and when to shut them out.

3. Bike Handling - Whether he was doped to the gills or not, Museeuw and several of his team-mates seemed to fly above the cobbles, and accelerate better in the worst of terrain. It wasn't the racing pigeon EPO that allowed Museeuw to keep his bike upright as he powered through the mud in the 2002 PR.

4. Equipment Prepartion / Luck - Except for JM's untimely flat in 2004 PR, Museeuw's boys whether on Mapei or Domo Farm Frites, or Quick Step have usually been able to avoid untimely punctures and disintegrating steering columns and the like.

I was disappointed to know of Museeuw's charges years ago when they surfaced. His public admission actually gains my respect (as he could have continued to deny). I respect the bitter pill that Museeuw has had to swallow far more than the **** river of denial flowing frombelievetyler.org and flowdfairnessfund.org .
All great points and all reasons why I love the spring classics. Months worth of training come down to 5 hours of racing. To me, that is what the sport is about: strategy, bike handling, power/fitness, the right equipment, and a little bit of luck. Other than this year's Vuelta, it's been years since the GTs provided a race worth watching. The factors you cited above haven't come into play, as they should. If I could have a dream cycling vacation it would be spending a month in the spring in Belgium/Northern France following the classics rather than attending the Tour. Better beer and better racing.

I hope we see a return to the true champions of the sport racing a full calendar. Because certain individuals concentrated only on one race, the competition was forced to do the same. What we saw was the classics taking a beating, the best talent never showed up or used it for "training purposes". Rather pathetic and destroyed the grand traditions of cycling.

I want to give Musseuw some credit for his admission, but its so half-assed I can't. If I'm not mistaken, he's going on trial for a 2003 doping case, yet saying he only used in his last year. How convenient....

:rolleyes:

A doper who denied being a doper "gains your respect" especially since he only admitted being a doper (and "only" wink, wink, in his last year of competition) after already being embroiled in legal difficulties and being exposed by many parties.

Kind of like Frankie coming clean only after alleging (without proof by his own admission) others doped but conveniently forgetting to mention that he doped himself.

Real heroes :rolleyes: