Museeuw vs. PVP

Tom Kunich

Guest
It is pretty funny that those who say "Damn! Musseuw would have won again
without that flat" don't take into account that PVP would certainly have
beaten Museeuw in a two up sprint save for that flat.

Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
> It is pretty funny that those who say "Damn! Musseuw would have won again
> without that flat" don't take into account that PVP would certainly have
> beaten Museeuw in a two up sprint save for that flat.

Huh? Museeuw flatted out of the lead group, which allowed him to
be caught by Van Petegem. PVP couldn't have caught the lead group
on his own. Or at least, he didn't, even with Museeuw to work with.

The race-aftermath commentary on this group is even more
omnisciently incoherent than usual today. It's good to see you
gang have been training hard and are in fine form for July.

Where's Henry anyway? He would have liked this, but he disappeared
over a month ago and www.lhchang.com is gone. SDSteve? Anybody?
Bueller?

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

> Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
> > It is pretty funny that those who say "Damn! Musseuw would have won again
> > without that flat" don't take into account that PVP would certainly have
> > beaten Museeuw in a two up sprint save for that flat.

> Huh? Museeuw flatted out of the lead group, which allowed him to
> be caught by Van Petegem. PVP couldn't have caught the lead group
> on his own. Or at least, he didn't, even with Museeuw to work with.
>
> The race-aftermath commentary on this group is even more
> omnisciently incoherent than usual today. It's good to see you
> gang have been training hard and are in fine form for July.

tom sometimes will say things to get a certain response he wants. pvp
had his own flat while off the front on an attack and yet managed to get
back to the group on his own, drop them, catch museeuw (what happened to
wesseman btw?). who knows what he would have done without his own bad
luck flat? maybe he's looking for something like that? if you spend too
much time trying to guess what he wants you'll go batty, though.

hh

"h squared" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Benjamin Weiner wrote:
> >
> > Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > It is pretty funny that those who say "Damn! Musseuw would have won

again
> > > without that flat" don't take into account that PVP would certainly

have
> > > beaten Museeuw in a two up sprint save for that flat.

> > Huh? Museeuw flatted out of the lead group, which allowed him to
> > be caught by Van Petegem. PVP couldn't have caught the lead group
> > on his own. Or at least, he didn't, even with Museeuw to work with.
> >
> > The race-aftermath commentary on this group is even more
> > omnisciently incoherent than usual today. It's good to see you
> > gang have been training hard and are in fine form for July.

> tom sometimes will say things to get a certain response he wants. pvp
> had his own flat while off the front on an attack and yet managed to get
> back to the group on his own, drop them, catch museeuw (what happened to
> wesseman btw?). who knows what he would have done without his own bad
> luck flat? maybe he's looking for something like that? if you spend too
> much time trying to guess what he wants you'll go batty, though.
>
> hh

Tom would often think things had happened that had not. Very frustrating.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> It is pretty funny that those who say "Damn! Musseuw would have won again
> without that flat" don't take into account that PVP would certainly have
> beaten Museeuw in a two up sprint save for that flat.

There no "certainly" in cycling, otherwise Museeuw wouldn't have
flatted in the last 100s meters of the last pavee section.

"Elizabeth Ann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Tom would often think things had happened that had not. Very frustrating.

It's all in the drugs Brian. Everyone that rides a bike except you of
course, is on drugs. That's why you have to settle for riding wth 12 year
olds in order to find someone you can beat every once in awhile.

h squared <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> tom sometimes will say things to get a certain response he wants. pvp
> had his own flat while off the front on an attack and yet managed to
> get back to the group on his own, drop them, catch museeuw (what
> happened to wesseman btw?). who knows what he would have done without
> his own bad luck flat? maybe he's looking for something like that? if
> you spend too much time trying to guess what he wants you'll go batty,
> though.

I think he wants to convince people he is smart and persuade them to his
point of view. However, if he succeeds on either count, then the reader is
surely batty to start with.

But I must be batty since I spent time trying to figure that out.

NS

> "Elizabeth Ann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Tom would often think things had happened that had not. Very

frustrating.

> It's all in the drugs Brian. Everyone that rides a bike except you of
> course, is on drugs. That's why you have to settle for riding wth 12 year
> olds in order to find someone you can beat every once in awhile.

That is funny coming from the best known cat 5 for lifer.

> That is funny coming from the best known cat 5 for lifer.

You must have learned a lot about bicycle racing in your long pro career.
Oh, wait, you're just some flunky amatuer bicycle racer who needs to believe
that somehow a Cat 3 knows more than a Cat 4. Does it hurt to have a brain
that puny?

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:407b3e7a$0$-
> [email protected]:[email protected]
> ntpaccess.com...
> >
> > That is funny coming from the best known cat 5 for lifer.

> You must have learned a lot about bicycle racing in your long pro
> career. Oh, wait, you're just some flunky amatuer bicycle racer who
> needs to believe that somehow a Cat 3 knows more than a Cat 4. Does it
> hurt to have a brain that puny?

Now now girls...handbags at dawn. ..

From what I could see PvP was miles stronger than JM and in fact he
looked stronger than anyone else in the race. Like last year he just
rode through the other riders like an adult in a kids race. There is
no doubt in my mind that if he had not flatted that he would have
won again.