Mushroomed Porkchops

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by ~patches~, Mar 18, 2006.

  1. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    This has been on the stove this afternoon and is now cooling for a
    couple of kids. I browned a couple of pork loin chops. While they were
    browning I sauteed mushrooms and onions. Then I mixed up a plain
    unthickened white sauce. The mushroom mixture and white sauce was
    poured into the pan of pork chops. I brought that to a boil then
    reduced to simmer. Once the sauce was reduced to almost 1/2 I added a
    corn starch slurry seasoned with a little salt and pepper to thicken. I
    would have added a little sherry but the kids don't care for that. Once
    thickened, the two meals are now cooling on the counter. Normally I
    serve this with either steamed potatoes or plain wild rice.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

    > This has been on the stove this afternoon and is now cooling for a
    > couple of kids. I browned a couple of pork loin chops. While they were
    > browning I sauteed mushrooms and onions. Then I mixed up a plain
    > unthickened white sauce. The mushroom mixture and white sauce was
    > poured into the pan of pork chops. I brought that to a boil then
    > reduced to simmer. Once the sauce was reduced to almost 1/2 I added a
    > corn starch slurry seasoned with a little salt and pepper to thicken. I
    > would have added a little sherry but the kids don't care for that. Once
    > thickened, the two meals are now cooling on the counter. Normally I
    > serve this with either steamed potatoes or plain wild rice.

    Excellent! :)

    You've just helped my decision to go ahead and cook some rice!

    Gotta go get some stock out of the freezer. <G>
    --
    Peace, Om.

  3. biig

    biig Guest

    ~patches~ wrote:

    > This has been on the stove this afternoon and is now cooling for a
    > couple of kids. I browned a couple of pork loin chops. While they were
    > browning I sauteed mushrooms and onions. Then I mixed up a plain
    > unthickened white sauce. The mushroom mixture and white sauce was
    > poured into the pan of pork chops. I brought that to a boil then
    > reduced to simmer. Once the sauce was reduced to almost 1/2 I added a
    > corn starch slurry seasoned with a little salt and pepper to thicken. I
    > would have added a little sherry but the kids don't care for that. Once
    > thickened, the two meals are now cooling on the counter. Normally I
    > serve this with either steamed potatoes or plain wild rice.

    Unthickened? Just butter, milk and seasonings?? It sounds very
    tasty. ....Sharon