Mushrooms are great meat substitutes

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
A vegetarian friend of mine made a burger from different kinds of mushrooms and it taste just like meat. It seems that if you use different kinds of mushrooms you'll get the consistency of meat. What she did was to chopped and deep fry some variety and roast some while the others where sauteed then chopped. Mushrooms has a lot of antioxidants that helps the body fight cancer and tumors it also has a very low fat content.

Do you like eating mushrooms?

We are not in the habit of eating mushroom although I enjoy mushroom that is mixed in a Chinese dish called chop suey. My father-in-law is fond of mushroom. He would fry the button mushroom in butter that will serve as finger food for his beer. I would always hear him say that mushroom is a healthy food and that the day may come that people will subsist on mushroom when the world’s food supply is depleted. Until now, mushroom is ubiquitous in Chinese kitchens.

I have only taken it while we were kids in one of the soup that our grandmom prepared for us and to be honest, I enjoyed every bit of it which is nice.

We are not in the habit of eating mushroom although I enjoy mushroom that is mixed in a Chinese dish called chop suey. My father-in-law is fond of mushroom. He would fry the button mushroom in butter that will serve as finger food for his beer. I would always hear him say that mushroom is a healthy food and that the day may come that people will subsist on mushroom when the world’s food supply is depleted. Until now, mushroom is ubiquitous in Chinese kitchens.

This is good to hear as it is said that mushrooms have got a whole lot of nutrients that is nice for those looking to remain healthy all their lives.

Mushrooms taste really great and they are a great addition to meat, but I don't think they're enough for me as a meat substitute.

Mushrooms taste really great and they are a great addition to meat, but I don't think they're enough for me as a meat substitute.

They are not as good to be a meat substitute, but the reality is that you can enjoy them in the place of meat especially when you are watching your weight.

Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts on mushrooms. While I appreciate the health benefits, I'd rather stick to the natural high of conquering tough trails on my bike. Keep the info coming though!