Music to Ride to

wiggles

Jun 15, 2006
I'm lucky that my path to my college, and my job, are both off of roads, so I like to listen to music while I ride. I know a lot of you do too as well. What music do you like to ride to?

For me...
Iron Maiden - Wickerman and Run to the Hills
NOFX - The Decline
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Queen - Bicycle Race (I'm not even kidding, please don't shoot me)
Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth
Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock

Basically anything that'd be really good to work out to I'll listen to while riding.

How about the rest of you?

I have an iMATE Pocket PC phone and watch cycling movies and tours while on the train to-from work. I also have a 2gig card with a comilation 400+ of my fav songs. Everything from Tool to Santana.

I don't get a chance to listen while I ride. If I could, it'd help me do more longer rides...

wiggles said:
I'm lucky that my path to my college, and my job, are both off of roads, so I like to listen to music while I ride. I know a lot of you do too as well. What music do you like to ride to?

How about the rest of you?
when I ride alone I always have music...lately some of my favorites are a Ramones collection, Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction, and Bob Marley Legend....there are a ton of others on my player but this is what I've enjoyed lately.....next week it'll be a new lineup!!

I am very eclectic in my mix of music... On my mp3 I have some of these:

Rage Against the Machine
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Judas Priest
Rammstein
KMFDM
DMX
2Pac
Black Eyed Peas
Gnarls Barkley
Prodigy

and I constantly change up the songs with the hundreds I have on my pc....

I have found lately though that R&B and Rap push me more on a ride than Rock does... I am thinking because of the beats and rythm.

Hmm..

My mp3 player has on it..

Devil Driver
Tristania
Opeth
Metallica
Coal Chamber
Korn
Slipknot
Cradle of Filth

Also, some random techno/rave/anime/DDR mixed in. Dj Scooter, DJ FBI, Dj Rankin..uhm..Oh, and the Roxburys 'what is love'. :D

I ride solo almost always so the music is very important.

Disturbed
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Weird Al
Muppets
Linkin Park
Scooter
Dune
Queen

Plus I get alot of pod casts. Endurance Planet do some great interviews that really motivation on the ride

actually i use my biking time as an opportunity to try out some new songs.. i.e download new stuff chuck it to mp3 player and listen.. really takes the mind off the pain sometimes...

I dont listen to music when I ride,.....cuz "it's a recipe to destruction", unless you're on a MUT trail or off road. But there is one favorite song I play over and over again in my head when I'm bent down in the drops, hammerin. Just some advice from an "old man". :cool:

"when the levy breaks" ~ led zeppelin

The Star Wars soundtracks can be pretty intense and motivate a ride....

Does anyone know of any other symphonies or instrumentals that can get you focused in on a zone?

Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries (this is a given)
John Williams - Indiana Jones Theme (Dun-de-dun dun..Yep, every trail is a adventure..)

uhm, thats all I can think of, most of my classical music is for mellowing out/being depressed, not slammin on the pedals. :confused:

cycling_jedi said:
The Star Wars soundtracks can be pretty intense and motivate a ride....

Does anyone know of any other symphonies or instrumentals that can get you focused in on a zone?
The track "Molossus" from the Batman Begins soundtrack is pretty damn good for riding. It's the music from the Batmobile chase scene.

themetalman said:
for me it is trance and hard house...really gets the pedals going and the heart rate up.....:) :)
Anything thats fast if its fast I tend to push myself that much faster. Examples Disturbed, Amon Amarth Stuff like that if its a nice easy ride like on the road its all about the Goo goo dolls. On the trails its gotta be fast, hard music that way I am constantly pushing myself to do that much better

themetalman said:
for me it is trance and hard house...really gets the pedals going and the heart rate up.....:) :)
+1 trance. I love the stuff but the only problem is each album only has like 1 or 2 tracks that I like. I have like 20 different trance CDs and about 12 tracks that I actually like.

Syrio Forel said:
+1 trance. I love the stuff but the only problem is each album only has like 1 or 2 tracks that I like. I have like 20 different trance CDs and about 12 tracks that I actually like.
trance?

For good symphonic stuff, I reccomend the 1812 overture (its slow at times, then very energetic at others), plus you may want to check out orchestrated video game soundtracks. The final Fantasy stuff that's been orchestrated is amazing to hear, and since its based on music from the games its normally pretty energetic.

If you're into opera, check out Vesti la Giubba, from I Paggliaci. Its really good for slow rides - great for early morning.

cycling_jedi said:
Oh I see what you;re saying. Yeah I have a bunch of the Global Underground stuff, lots of Paul van Dyke, Dave Seman, Oakenfold, stuff like that. I like most of it but can't find more than a few tracks that are good for riding. I might just be looking in he wrong places though. It's kinda funny that whenever I tell people I like trance the first thing they ask me is if i do drugs. :confused: