Music while riding

Micheal Artindale

Guest
When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.

I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some cds(mainly
country)

What about you?

Micheal

I am not a redneck.

"kantspel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Micheal Artindale wrote:
> > When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
> > actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.
> >
> > I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some cds(mainly
> > country)
> >
> > What about you?
> >
> > Micheal
> >
> > I am not a redneck.
> >

> tunes make my commute a lot more enjoyable, I like a lot of different
> stuff as long as the beat either matches my heartrate or cadence. but
> music on the trail? it's never even crossed my mind, then again some
> peoples idea of a trail (especially some floridians) could be boring
> enough to warrent the distraction

If i didnt have headphone one, cranked with music, i would hear 2 types of
noises... both are bad.

1) Animals, expecially bears. Although, we only have black bears.

2) Creaks and groans of my bike. Those noices would dive me more insane than
i already am.

I prefer the fast country music.... nothing like the devil going down to
Georgia

Micheal

Michael says:

>I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some cds(mainly
>country)
>
>What about you?

When I ride, I tell the voices in my head to start singing - hopefully
something I like ;-)

Steve "don't want no headphones..."

Micheal Artindale wrote:
> When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
> actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.
>
> I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some cds(mainly
> country)
>
> What about you?
>
> Micheal
>
> I am not a redneck.

tunes make my commute a lot more enjoyable, I like a lot of different
stuff as long as the beat either matches my heartrate or cadence. but
music on the trail? it's never even crossed my mind, then again some
peoples idea of a trail (especially some floridians) could be boring
enough to warrent the distraction.

RE/
>What about you?

I try to avoid pedestrian traffic that's listening to music while they walk -
and are unable to hear my bell.
--
PeteCresswell

Micheal Artindale wrote:
> When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
> actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.
>
> I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some
> cds(mainly country)
>
> What about you?

QOTSA makes me go faster, or at least it seems to.

kantspel <[email protected]> wrote in news:cl6me8$bs6$1
@grandcanyon.binc.net:

>> When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
>> actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.

I finally broke down and bought one. I got one that is flash memory based
(no skips) and and it has been a nice addition to my (non bike) workout
routine. I don't think I'd wear it while riding though.

"Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
> actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.
>
> I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some cds(mainly
> country)
>
> What about you?
>
> Micheal
>
> I am not a redneck.

I regularly bump riders out of the commuting lane when I have to shout
at them because they're in a private iPod oblivion and can't hear me
repeatedly belting "On left!"
I have QOTSA/Sabbath/Slayer going through my head all day, so I don't
need headphones. However, at the end of long rides, I often get some
strange Hall & Oates frequency. If I'm really bent, I'll hear "Frere
Jacques", over and over....

/s

Supaboonbon says:

>If I'm really bent, I'll hear "Frere
>Jacques", over and over....

It's waaaay better than "Alouette", so just be thankful for small mercies. ;-)
The CNC router today was working on a beat that just started that going in my
mind, and it took me all frikkin' day to shake it. Ugh! <shudder>

Steve

"Micheal Artindale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> When I ride, i like music playing. I have a walkman, and a discman(not
> actually sony for either). I do not own an MP3 player yet.
>
> I either listen to the local radio(country, or rock) or some cds(mainly
> country)
>
> What about you?
>
> Micheal
>
> I am not a redneck.

I listen to Plastic Bertrands "Tour De France" over and over again,
untill i cant stand it any more and go out for a ride.

cheers

[email protected]ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Supaboonbon says:
>
> >If I'm really bent, I'll hear "Frere
> >Jacques", over and over....

> It's waaaay better than "Alouette",

<snip>

Thanks, jerk!

....O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette, gentille Alouette...

****!

/s

ps. "Private eyes, they're watching you, they know your ev-ry move..."
Take that, Boatboy!

Ok, you guys are scaring me.... Halloween i not for a couple of days.

Hmmm,

Just the good old boys.....
never meaning no harm......

Micheal

supabonbon says:

><snip>
>
>Thanks, jerk!

Any time ;-)

>...O-o-o-o-oh
>Alouette, gentille Alouette...
>
>****!

Heh heh!

>ps. "Private eyes, they're watching you, they know your ev-ry move..."
>Take that, Boatboy!

Ah, that's not fair.... deserved, but not fair.

Steve "Mama mia! Here we go again...."

Stephen Baker wrote:
> supabonbon says:
>

>><snip>
>>
>>Thanks, jerk!

> Any time ;-)
>

>>...O-o-o-o-oh
>>Alouette, gentille Alouette...
>>
>>****!

> Heh heh!
>

>>ps. "Private eyes, they're watching you, they know your ev-ry move..."
>>Take that, Boatboy!

> Ah, that's not fair.... deserved, but not fair.
>
> Steve "Mama mia! Here we go again...."

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

Worse than a bad case of hiccups.

Shawn

Shawn says:

>Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
>a tale of a fateful trip.
>That started from this tropic port,
>aboard this tiny ship.
>
>Worse than a bad case of hiccups.

Probably. I know which show it refers to, but having grown up in England, I
don't know the tune or any of the words. ;-)

I WIN!

Steve

Shawn <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Stephen Baker wrote:
> > supabonbon says:
> >

> >><snip>
> >>
> >>Thanks, jerk!

> > Any time ;-)
> >

> >>...O-o-o-o-oh
> >>Alouette, gentille Alouette...
> >>
> >>****!

> > Heh heh!
> >

> >>ps. "Private eyes, they're watching you, they know your ev-ry move..."
> >>Take that, Boatboy!

> > Ah, that's not fair.... deserved, but not fair.
> >
> > Steve "Mama mia! Here we go again...."

> Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
> a tale of a fateful trip.
> That started from this tropic port,
> aboard this tiny ship.
>
> Worse than a bad case of hiccups.
>
> Shawn

Goddamn Shawn! Isn't there something against electronic terrorism in
the Patriot Act to protect us from... oh... wait a second...

Here's the story
of a lovely lady
who was bringing up three very lovely girls...

/s whooo-PAH!

supabonbon wrote:
> Shawn <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
>>a tale of a fateful trip.
>>That started from this tropic port,
>>aboard this tiny ship.
>>
>>Worse than a bad case of hiccups.
>>
>>Shawn

> Goddamn Shawn! Isn't there something against electronic terrorism in
> the Patriot Act to protect us from... oh... wait a second...
>
> Here's the story
> of a lovely lady
> who was bringing up three very lovely girls...

No NO NOOOOOOOOOO!

Micheal Artindale wrote:
> Ok, you guys are scaring me.... Halloween i not for a couple of days.
>
> Hmmm,
>
> Just the good old boys.....
> never meaning no harm......
>
> Micheal

Dukes of Hazard? Sorry immune to that one.

Shawn